JTS Improvements - Want More

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It looked like yesterday that the fields on the east side are finished and they were watering the grass when we drove by. If did look like they were building some type of structure on the east side of the highway, I just figured that would be the base of the bridge. It might be something else.

I'm thinking it's something else. I believe the bridge was part of a different phase.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Will there be a neon sign and flashing lights above it so that...the bands for certain schools can’t miss it?
Won’t need it. They know from past experiences that all bands will be brutally beaten if they don’t.

Reactions: Frak

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
A building like that would potentially change the weather. Or create shade even for 11 am kickoffs!
We need something about half to 2/3rds that height, skyboxes are where the money is made today in seating. Its better to get rid of general fan seating to add premium seating and boxes, because you can charge more on a yearly basis.

There are plenty of business out there, at least before this pandemic, that are willing and able to purchase this type of seating. Look at the Sukup seating area, that sold out fairly quickly. Our seats in the endzone are right beside it, my four tickets are around $1400 including the seat backs, 4 in there including donation, of which I not have to do, would be $4500.

Reactions: ISUCE

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
We need something about half to 2/3rds that height, skyboxes are where the money is made today in seating. Its better to get rid of general fan seating to add premium seating and boxes, because you can charge more on a yearly basis.

There are plenty of business out there, at least before this pandemic, that are willing and able to purchase this type of seating. Look at the Sukup seating area, that sold out fairly quickly. Our seats in the endzone are right beside it, my four tickets are around $1400 including the seat backs, 4 in there including donation, of which I not have to do, would be $4500.

There are suites in the press tower already.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I think you are right. Before they hillsides dropped off as you moved towards the Jacobson building and now they will be built up higher so I assume some sort of wall is being added. So it should probably make for a better view from the hillside I would imagine.
Any idea if the NE hillside will be ready this fall or will it not be available until the 2021 season? May not need the seating this season due to the virus but who knows.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
There are suites in the press tower already.

Correct and we need to add more of them and premium seating. That is where the money is today in college sports.
The more suites and premium seating you have to sell, the less you have to increase the price for general seating on a yearly basis.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Correct and we need to add more of them and premium seating. That is where the money is today in college sports.
The more suites and premium seating you have to sell, the less you have to increase the price for general seating on a yearly basis.

I think if there was a huge demand for them, there would be a plan to build more. Face it, the press tower isn't getting expanded any time soon no matter how much people talk about it.