JTS Improvements - Want More

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Correct and we need to add more of them and premium seating.

Is there a demand for more? 9 suites in the tower, 36 in the concourse, club seating on the east side, club seating in the south end zone, VIP seating in Jacobson (1st and 2nd floor).

As I've said before, if all of the premium seating were in the tower (like it is at so many other schools), it would be at least 3 levels high and run the length of the field.

Reactions: 2speedy1

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Is there a demand for more? 9 suites in the tower, 36 in the concourse, club seating on the east side, club seating in the south end zone, VIP seating in Jacobson (1st and 2nd floor).

As I've said before, if all of the premium seating were in the tower (like it is at so many other schools), it would be at least 3 levels high and run the length of the field.
I guess I don’t know about the high end premium but I thought there was demand for club seating.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

You build the demand, we heard this same excuse when we bowled in the South endzone from Iowa fans. Why don't they wait until they sell out every game and then do it. Because it will never be done, if you follow that logic.
Look at Iowa's new North endzone, they took out general seating, and lowered the overall seating for the stadium to add suites and premium seating, they had no problem that I am aware of selling those seats.
Many fans will upgrade from $500 a ticket to $750 or so to be able to drink at the game, use the RR without rushing and better food variety, with quicker lines. Not everyone, but enough to make it profitable, it also opens up those seats to new season ticket holders.

Last edited:

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
I guess I don’t know about the high end premium but I thought there was demand for club seating.
I would think more club style seats between the 40s at $300 more than regular donor tickets with a $2500 donation would be a good money maker. Not sure of the market, but I would be interested. Sitting in the endzone does not do it for me. But adding club seats will lower overall capacity. I assume 2-4 seats fewer per row than bleachers.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Won’t need it. They know from past experiences that all bands will be brutally beaten if they don’t.
That would require being intelligent enough to learn from experience. They’ve already failed the “intelligent enough to follow instructions” test. And now you want to double down?

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I would think more club style seats between the 40s at $300 more than regular donor tickets with a $2500 donation would be a good money maker. Not sure of the market, but I would be interested. Sitting in the endzone does not do it for me. But adding club seats will lower overall capacity. I assume 2-4 seats fewer per row than bleachers.
I guess my head was thinking in the frame of a press box. Move the current suites up there and turn the current suites into club seating.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That would require being intelligent enough to learn from experience. They’ve already failed the “intelligent enough to follow instructions” test. And now you want to double down?
True. If they fail this time then we can just kill them all.

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
Any idea if the NE hillside will be ready this fall or will it not be available until the 2021 season? May not need the seating this season due to the virus but who knows.

I don't know but I'm assuming it will be completed before the upcoming season based on the fact that we have not heard about a reduction in hillside tickets for the upcoming season, unless I missed it.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
You build the demand, we heard this same excuse when we bowled in the South endzone from Iowa fans. Why don't they wait until they sell out every game and then do it. Because it will never be done, if you follow that logic.
Look at Iowa's new North endzone, they took out general seating, and lowered the overall seating for the stadium to add suites and premium seating, they had no problem that I am aware of selling those seats.
Many fans will upgrade from $500 a ticket to $750 or so to be able to drink at the game, use the RR without rushing and better food variety, with quicker lines. Not everyone, but enough to make it profitable, it also opens up those seats to new season ticket holders.
Before the SEZ was built, I sent JP some drawings of a design objective. His response was that he liked it, but was too deep into the current design. Succinctly, it was to use the upper tier corner seats as suites. This kills several birds with one stone. It's the perfect location, because most have TVs in them as well so viewing wouldn't be a bad experience. Those seats would be the first empty ones due to weather or record (so on TV they're always full). Reverberation of sound doesn't disappear up there. Translucent video screen (see LG new see through OLED) can be a scoreboard without inhibiting viewing, thus opening more seats up. Of course, my design was a full bowl with 4 quadrants of executive suites with the top floor of suites wrapping around the whole stadium to serve as both a concourse for these executive suites and press boxes. It was a suite design (pun lol).
In architecture there, I'll never forget one of my jurors saying "All your designs have the intention of blowing people away." That was a criticism at the time, but 'yep' that's me.

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
Before the SEZ was built, I sent JP some drawings of a design objective. His response was that he liked it, but was too deep into the current design. Succinctly, it was to use the upper tier corner seats as suites. This kills several birds with one stone. It's the perfect location, because most have TVs in them as well so viewing wouldn't be a bad experience. Those seats would be the first empty ones due to weather or record (so on TV they're always full). Reverberation of sound doesn't disappear up there. Translucent video screen (see LG new see through OLED) can be a scoreboard without inhibiting viewing, thus opening more seats up. Of course, my design was a full bowl with 4 quadrants of executive suites with the top floor of suites wrapping around the whole stadium to serve as both a concourse for these executive suites and press boxes. It was a suite design (pun lol).
In architecture there, I'll never forget one of my jurors saying "All your designs have the intention of blowing people away." That was a criticism at the time, but 'yep' that's me.

Care to share your work with us?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron