What must happen to pull the upset???

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Wasn't it in 2005 when we had a 10 point lead against Missouri in the 4th quarter and than we knocked starting QB Brad Smith, who was a pretty damn good QB, out of the game. Than in came Chase Daniel for the first time ever and lead Missouri to the OT win?

Yes. :skeptical: And we had a 10-point fourth-quarter lead after trailing, 14-0, in the first quarter on two defensive touchdowns by Missouri.

Phenom

Nov 14, 2008
Wasn't it in 2005 when we had a 10 point lead against Missouri in the 4th quarter and than we knocked starting QB Brad Smith, who was a pretty damn good QB, out of the game. Than in came Chase Daniel for the first time ever and lead Missouri to the OT win?

I was there. I wanted to leave when Brad got knocked out, but happily I never leave early. That was a big win for the Tigers, who finished the regular season 6-5 and got to play Spurrier's Gamecocks in the Independence Bowl where we trailed 21-0, but stormed back to win 38-31 (I think that was the final). Brad Smith had 300 yards passing and 150 yards rushing - his final game for the Tigers.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Brad Smith should have passed to Farve last night, should have passed it :skeptical:

Harry

Mar 27, 2006
TV 8 just said the temperature at game time will be 29. Probably low 20's at games end.

Phenom

Nov 14, 2008
Brad Smith should have passed to Farve last night, should have passed it :skeptical:
lindsay-soto.jpg

Um, who is that? I like her.

cyradio

Sep 13, 2008
who has the edge if the temp is in the 20's??? I would think if the wind is strong and temps low it would favor the underdog.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
"What must happen to pull the upset???"

jesusBlueSpaceEarth.jpg

DIVINE INTERVENTION

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
We need to knock out Maclin, not Daniels. To win this game (or just keep it close) we need to go bombs away when the wind is at our back to build a lead, and pound the ball into the wind to keep the Tuff as Rain Tigers off the field.

LeBron

Nov 12, 2008
The '04 game was a weird one for me. The Tigers had lost five in a row and I was nearly to the point of not caring. I wanted to see ISU in the B12 Champ game, if only to see someone different, and ISU fans in KC (where I live) is always fun. I miss the olden days of the Big 12 bball tourney at Kemper. Anyway, I of course rooted for the Tigers, but part of me was disappointed with the win.
After losing that game in 04 and missing out on the B12 champ i felt worse than after any other sporting event i'd ever seen

anticyclonic

Mar 8, 2007
Lake Rathbun
A hard hitting game should do it. I don't want to see Daniels or their prime WR out of the game, just at 65% capability (bad throws -some due to the wind, missed catches, etc.). We will make Missouri the victim tomorrow!

Iron24

Jul 16, 2008
I think the one thing we need to avoid is knocking out Chase and having Blaine Gabbert come in to get his career started against us

I think we all remember what happened when we knocked out Brad Smith a few years back, Chase Daniel's star was born...:sad:

Dec 14, 2006
Ankeny
I wish we could flip flop with them for just one year. I really want to know how each team would fair in the other conference. The Big 10(11?) is so week. Except for maybe one or two teams.

Help Support Us

Become a patron