what was the game attendence? nm

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
I thought I heard the guys on TV say 40000 something. It looked about like that from what I saw on tv too. I thought for a team that is 2-"whatever it is now" had a great crowd there last night.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
There were a LOT more people there than I expected.
What we had after halftime was what I was expecting for the beginning of the game.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Revkah and I marvelled at how full the upper deck on the west side was. It was packed over there, from our vantage point. Around us, though, plenty of open space. Guys that never miss games were not there. Maybe they had better seats, that's happened, but they weren't where we were.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Revkah and I marvelled at how full the upper deck on the west side was. It was packed over there, from our vantage point. Around us, though, plenty of open space. Guys that never miss games were not there. Maybe they had better seats, that's happened, but they weren't where we were.

I agree, I was impressed with how it looked over there. I do think that the southern-most section of the west side upper deck was pretty much all mizzou... since they had to bring their band, which took up half of the lower deck section.

All of my usual neighbors were there, including Wild Bill in a full Carhart bodysuit. :smile: The "football professor" behind me was in rare form... 'awww geez, why don't they put in Tiller!' and the guys beside me who are the most negative fans I have ever seen and don't ever come back after halftime, didn't come back after halftime. That was fine though because they had the stadium seat cushions.

See you next year, Jack.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Any guesses as to how many we had there after halftime?

I'm thinking about 15,000. At the end of the third quarter....probably around 7,000.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Any guesses as to how many we had there after halftime?

I'm thinking about 15,000. At the end of the third quarter....probably around 7,000.
Oh hell no, it wasn't anywhere near that bad. Sheesh. If we started with 46,000, then after halftime was about 32-34,000 and the end of the third quarter was around 21,000. End of the FOURTH quarter might have been approaching 10,000, but I doubt it. A whole lot of people stuck it out, considering the score and the temperature.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I don't think there was any way there were 46,000 people there to start the game. That may have been the amount of tickets sold, but there was not anywhere near that many people there. Believe what you will.

Official reserved seating is somewhere around 50,000, right? Well, the east side balcony was very sparse, and the west side balcony on the corners wasn't very good. The east side lower level between the 20's was sparse as well in the first half.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
46,000 tickets sold.

I'd guess around 38-40k actually there at the start of the game.

About 25k after halftime.

10-15k at toward the middle of the 4th.

West side was pretty full. East side....not so much. Especially the upper deck of the student section which was empty except for the first few rows.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I don't think there were 46,000 there, and certainly not at kickoff, but we were WAY above 40,000 butts in seats; that's for sure. You have to remember that our announced attendance and our butts-in-seats attendance do not have as big of a difference as most schools; Cyclones are really good about actually showing up to games that they have a ticket for.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I don't think there were 46,000 there, and certainly not at kickoff, but we were WAY above 40,000 butts in seats; that's for sure. You have to remember that our announced attendance and our butts-in-seats attendance do not have as big of a difference as most schools; Cyclones are really good about actually showing up to games that they have a ticket for.

Let me guess...you were sitting on the East side and looking at the West side. The West side was pretty full, but the East side was not.

I'm not convinced there were 40k there at the start. That is the absolute most that was there, but I think it is closer to 38k due to the East side attendance and virtually nothing on the hillsides.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
What ever the number was, it didn't look too bad on TV and for a 2 win team that was playing the #12 team in the country, it was pretty darn good.

kkise

Jun 25, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Regardless of what the actual attendence may have been, I was impressed at how many fans showed up. Given the cold temps (great time for a night game <sarc>) and only two wins.