what was the game attendence? nm

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Perhaps we should claim last night's game as a "sellout," as more tickets were sold than official reserved seats available.

I wonder if the Per-Mar personnel and concession stand workers were included in that attendance total.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Perhaps we should claim last night's game as a "sellout," as more tickets were sold than official reserved seats available.

I wonder if the Per-Mar personnel and concession stand workers were included in that attendance total.

That would be more than what passes for a sell-out to the east...

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
We should, but if you pay close attention to UI's press releases they are usually worded that the game has reached "sellout status". Any relationship between sellout status and the game actually being sold out is purely coincidental.

Paid attendance was 46k. Actual attendance at game start (meaning 5 minutes after kickoff) was probably about 42k. I would have guessed about 10k saw the final tick of the clock to end the 2008 home season.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Revkah and I marvelled at how full the upper deck on the west side was. It was packed over there, from our vantage point. Around us, though, plenty of open space. Guys that never miss games were not there. Maybe they had better seats, that's happened, but they weren't where we were.

I know my parents moved from the south endzone to the west upper deck by friends to be more out of the wind.

Help Support Us

Become a patron