2020 Big 12 Championship Game Computer Projection

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
We would finish 7-1. Both OU and OSU finish 7-2. The conference would then announce Bedlam 2.0 for the championship because ISU didn't play a full conference schedule. Somehow this would happen.

Actually, we'd still be #1. The league tie-breaker rules state that the minimum number of required games is 1 less than the average number of conference games played. So it is impossible for the minimum requirement to be 9 games. If the records are unbalanced, you compare losses, and we win that.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Actually, we'd still be #1. The league tie-breaker rules state that the minimum number of required games is 1 less than the average number of conference games played. So it is impossible for the minimum requirement to be 9 games. If the records are unbalanced, you compare losses, and we win that.

I know. Was trying to be funny.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Does anybody know what would happen if one of Oklahoma's last two games isn't able to be played? Their game today was postponed and they play Baylor next week (who has already had issues with covid). Would they be disqualified from the championship game if they finished at 6 - 2 and OSU was 7 - 2? Or would they push the championship game back again to let them get their game in? Anyone know?
Seasons have to wrap up Dec 19th as CFP and bowls come out on Dec 20th.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I don't trust Texas down the stretch. Have a feeling they could have quite a few guys opting out or just mailing it in.

• Agree
Reactions: JRE1975

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
If Texas no shows the last 2 games then they should pay the whole penalty for lost TV revenue instead of other teams paying the price. Herman should never get another head coaching job.

We need to beat WV, keep the momentum for our game with OU, and then we don't have to worry about what Texas does.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
The people that say Texas will opt not to play Kansas. Do you really think they will cancel the game, and take the loss without playing? Playing is at least playing and more practice. Forfeiting is about as bad of look and thing to do as a program. And even with the Covid rules, they arent the same as the Little 10 rules, with the little 10, wisky and Osu canceled games because they were scared to lose because they had some key people out with covid, even though they met the requirements to play. In the Big 12 you cant do that, if you have the required players you must play or it is a forfeit, not a no contest.
The Little 10 is trying to manipulate the system to make sure their best teams go undefeated. But its backfiring because now they are risking them not being eligible to play their championship. I still believe they will magically cancel enough games to make the number of average games played lower so Wisc and Osu can make it in with only 4 or 5 games played.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Oh sure, no problem, let's check the results:

Iowa St.: 100.0% (100.0% 1st, 0.0% 2nd)
Oklahoma: 100.0% (0.0% 1st, 100.0% 2nd)

Most likely matchups:
Iowa St./Oklahoma: 100.0%

Oh cool. I was worried Oklahoma would gain a percentage there! Glad that wasn't the case

CircumCYZ

Jan 15, 2013
Just a question but does OU have to play their make-up game next week against WVU? I know it wouldn’t matter to them but could affect a bowl game for WVU. Also a freak injury could affect the championship game.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Just a question but does OU have to play their make-up game next week against WVU? I know it wouldn’t matter to them but could affect a bowl game for WVU. Also a freak injury could affect the championship game.
Yes they are playing that game

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron