JTS Improvements - Want More

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Has there ever been any discussion of post game traffic flow issues in expansion plans? We live 3 hours away and sitting in the parking lot for an hour has killed our possibility of purchasing season tickets that include night games. Unless you live in the metro area, night games are a problem. Maybe they could have a designated lane based on license plates! Just kidding.....kinda.
I get what you are saying, we live 2.5 hours away, after every game and have to drive up to North Ames to get the wife and daughter as they do not go to the game. So many nights its 3 to 3.5 hours after the game before we get home. Many nights walking in at one or two in the morning.
But its worth it for a day of tailgating and a night game at JTS. Plus you can sleep in on Sunday, and lie around and watch the NFL.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
No chance. My son will never leave early. Up by 50, down by 50, “ the players deserve the fans in the stands”.

To each their own I guess. My drive is 2 hours. I'm fine with beating the crowd in FB and MBB. I just figure that this fan being in the stands for all but the last few minutes is better than not being there at all. If I lived closer, I would not have any issues with spending a little more time in the parking lot waiting to get out. The last game I went to was WV and CW was just finishing up the post game call-in show when I pulled into the driveway. That makes for an easy drive!

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Too many people have convinced themselves that the most direct route (i.e., 30/University) is (1) the "only" route and/or (2) preferable to the fastest route.
back roads are always faster.. I remember lazerfest in 2011 everyone was trying to go 92 to 65. I went straight south out of the lot then east for a bit and back north I got home around midnight.. everyone else I talked to at school the next day that went didn't get back till around 2am they said..

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
There is not much that can be done about leaving the stadium. The Grand and 5th street extensions offer a couple alternate routes but not enough to see an improvement. Getting foot traffic off the road will help.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
The facilities website does list the "East Gateway Bridge" bid date as May 2021. I guess I always thought that was the first phase of the entertainment district. Stuff may be happening.

I assume the when $10 million in donations occurred, the pedestrian bridge project was not going to go on hold. Parking across Elwood/University may not get updated yet?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
OK, admitting that my brain might be on COVID hold, has the board of regents approved all this?