ATH/RB Eli Sanders Obviously Chooses ISU over Iowa

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Why even visit Iowa then? Why not just commit and save the trip for later.

From the standpoint of Eli and his family, what's the rush? If I were in his shoes I would want to see both campuses and see if one really feels that much more like home than the other. It isn't like this trip will set his decision back by a month.

Reactions: aobie and Aclone

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Wonder if Iowa can spell his name right? They couldn't get Newell's spelled write when he took a visit there.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
They know ISU's present and future look brighter than them, so they look backward. You think a 17 year old cares about what happened almost 2 decades ago?
To be honest, yes. It's hard to not look at what Iowa has put in the NFL compared to ISU and not be a legit selling point to a young man. ISU is definitely on the rise but it's going to take a decade to start to change the narrative.

• Agree
Reactions: aobie

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Is this what the coaches give them? I find it odd that some kid would put together something that goes back random years. Looks like something BF must use for negative recruiting against us. Why does a kid worry about things that happened before he was born. Being a dad of a kid who went through the recruitment a few years ago, these guys focus on the current staff and their last few years and what they believe will happen in the future.

Reactions: Aclone and neiacy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
To be honest, yes. It's hard to not look at what Iowa has put in the NFL compared to ISU and not be a legit selling point to a young man. ISU is definitely on the rise but it's going to take a decade to start to change the narrative.

HS kids don't go back that far. Its a matter of five years at best.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Is this what the coaches give them? I find it odd that some kid would put together something that goes back random years. Looks like something BF must use for negative recruiting against us. Why does a kid worry about things that happened before he was born. Being a dad of a kid who went through the recruitment a few years ago, these guys focus on the current staff and their last few years and what they believe will happen in the future.

People actually believe the kid be like, "I'd like to commit to the 2001 Hawkeye team, please?" Because that's what that's saying. :rolleyes:

Reactions: brett108

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

If we continue the trend we're on, it won't take a decade. Certain kids may pay attention to history, but most aren't going much past five years. A 2-3 year trend will stand out more than what happened in the 90s.