ATH/RB Eli Sanders Obviously Chooses ISU over Iowa

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
I think the most important factor in recruiting: Does the kid relate to the head coach? Does he feel the connection?

I know that facilities, campus, and other things are important, too... but that coach connection thing cannot be ignored.

So you need to ask yourself... Matt Campbell? Or KKKirk Ferentz? Which person would you like better?
As much as I dislike sui and lack respect for kf, calling him out as a racist is infintile , and has a familiar ring. Untill you get to know the man and have the opportunity to observe him up close, don't judge. You are giving others the benefit of the doudt without first hand knowledge. Believe everything you read on the internet.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
As much as I dislike sui and lack respect for kf, calling him out as a racist is infintile , and has a familiar ring. Untill you get to know the man and have the opportunity to observe him up close, don't judge. You are giving others the benefit of the doudt without first hand knowledge. Believe everything you read on the internet.

So don't believe the scores of past and present athletes that have stated that kirk is racist? If it was one or two, I would definitely say it needs to be looked at before you can conclude anything. With the number making accusations, it is a pretty damning situation.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This is so far out in left field I think it's best to just ignore.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017

There have been two independent investigations that concluded KKKirk established and ran a systematically racist program for two decades. There are literally dozens of players that have publicly stated the Iowa Football program was/is racist.

Doyle was "dismissed" as the fall guy racist, KKKirk does not admit or acknowledge the racist undertone of his program, but does the opposite and continues to defend Doyle publicly. His actions are racist because he is a old, white, privigled, tone-deaf racist,

KKKirk and Bedford Forrest should be dismissed and publicly shamed,

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

Yea, I am sure it was all fake news that Doyle was canned.

And it isn't KFs fault that there are a number of former athletes that spoke up against the program. Just because they accuse the program of being racist in the treatment of them, it isn't his fault.

Conveniently though, when the program does something good, he can be the recipient of an extra $175,000.

So which is it, is he responsible for the success and culture of the program or isn't he?

Also, which retread is this?

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
So don't believe the scores of past and present athletes that have stated that kirk is racist? If it was one or two, I would definitely say it needs to be looked at before you can conclude anything. With the number making accusations, it is a pretty damning situation.
I hate Iowa as much as anyone, but where are these scores of past and present athletes that have called him racist? Show me anyone that explicitly called him racist. Not athletes that felt they were treated unfairly, not athletes that claimed Doyle treated them unfairly or was racist. Show me where a player specifically called Kirk Ferentz racist, and I'll stand corrected.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I hate Iowa as much as anyone, but where are these scores of past and present athletes that have called him racist? Show me anyone that explicitly called him racist. Not athletes that felt they were treated unfairly, not athletes that claimed Doyle treated them unfairly or was racist. Show me where a player specifically called Kirk Ferentz racist, and I'll stand corrected.
How you not read the investigations, the lawsuit, tweets from former players saying black athletes were treated differently due to race by Kirk? If you are ignoring that then, then you will ignore anything someone says. Now you throw in that Doyle and the other racists were hired by Kirk and left on after it was mentioned in prior statements and investigations that this was happening, he is in charge and is responsible for the actions of those he supervises if he looks the other way.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
It has probably been said, but this site would be so much better if they would restrict the Hawkeye posters to the ISR forum. Here we are supposed to be discussing our anticipation for a possible commit, but it turns into another Hawkeye crapfest. We allow ourselves to be distracted from a positive topic over and over again.

Anyone wanting to discuss both teams recruiting this player, start a thread in the ISR. Then when it devolves into the usual arguing, at least it is where it belongs and doesn't pollute an otherwise good thread topic. But, that might reduce clicks and views, so, just wishful thinking.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Hi Brad, glad u made it over here.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah this is dumb. Kirk is the definition of a racist which will play a big role in why we land Eli Sanders

To get back on topic. Eli is a stud

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Someone got fired for discriminatory behavior. Kirk did his best to sweep it under the rug... what are most Cyclones supposed to think?