What should Pollard do with Prohm?

• Keep Prohm as coach and let him finish his contract

• Fire Prohm as head coach immediately and pay buyout

• Fire Prohm at end of season and pay buyout

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I loved Prohm in the beginning and stuck with him but I’m having so many flashbacks to why I created this site 16 years ago. Our MBB program was in shambles because of a lack of in game coaching and adjustments. Unfortunately, there are some similarities that are upsetting and apathy has killed any joy or hope.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
It's not just that, the new guys basically showed us NOTHING in their chance to really shine. It's truly hopeless and a huge, long uphill climb.
I wouldn’t say nothing positive came of the night. Jaden Walker can ball and is active on defense. We know Foster can play. Dubar is a role player until probably his junior year but could blossom. Not sure about Blackwell.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
UNLV 45
Utah State 41 with 12:00 to go in the game.

Roch.......you and I have had our go arounds, and I think maybe it's time for Steve to go. But you posting this to pump T.J. is like me trying to convince everyone how good Wayne Morgan is because he beat Bill Self.......in Lawrence. Heck even Prohm beat Self in Lawrence. So no matter who wins tonight.......if Steve is going....give me Craig Smith 6 days a week and twice on Sunday over T.J.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
It's not just that, the new guys basically showed us NOTHING in their chance to really shine. It's truly hopeless and a huge, long uphill climb.
87 minutes for the freshman players tonight.

They went 5-20
17 pts
8 rebounds
3 assists

Meanwhile, moncrieffe for okst who is a freshman went 11-17 for 22 pts, 12 rebounds and 2 assists.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Regarding my previous post, you are literally Exhibit A.
Year 2 was a sensational coaching job and Year 4 and Year 1 were okay. The other three years have been some of the worst in my 27 years as a season ticket holder.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
If we want to keep Prohm around, AKA have to keep him around due to financial reasons, we absolutely have to force him to clean house on his assistants. Wasn't Robinson on McDermott's failure of a staff? Coincidence?

Again, that ship sailed two years ago. Everyone knows if Prohm sticks around somehow, he’s gonna be a lame duck going into next year. No one credible will want to come be on his staff.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Roch.......you and I have had our go arounds, and I think maybe it's time for Steve to go. But you posting this to pump T.J. is like me trying to convince everyone how good Wayne Morgan is because he beat Bill Self.......in Lawrence. Heck even Prohm beat Self in Lawrence. So no matter who wins tonight.......if Steve is going....give me Craig Smith 6 days a week and twice on Sunday over T.J.
Well TJ out coached him in the little bit I saw. Look I think it’s fair to not want TJ and I think Craig Smith is a reasonable choice but one coach beating another is something to factor.

Reactions: ATCy

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Anyone but TJ.
I don’t care if it’s T.J. or not. But the idea that UNLV was an indictment and Craig Smith is a guarantee simply isn’t accurate. Unless you are getting Altman which was a possibility last time there are no guarantees.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Well TJ out coached him in the little bit I saw. Look I think it’s fair to not want TJ and I think Craig Smith is a reasonable choice but one coach beating another is something to factor.

I understand. And Wayne outcoached Bill.........twice......in Lawrence. Does that mean you take Wayne or Bill?

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Again, that ship sailed two years ago. Everyone knows if Prohm sticks around somehow, he’s gonna be a lame duck going into next year. No one credible will want to come be on his staff.
Don't low level college coaches work for basically nothing and live in dorms? Surely we can hire someone to be an assistant coach. At least then he is trying something new.

• Agree
Reactions: isucy86

Help Support Us

Become a patron