Tamin Lipsey Commits

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Great pick up! I will be glad when the trend of talking about exciting news being tied to referencing your erections is over. I am sure it is just a first sign of being “old,” but it is just plain weird and I personally see it as evidence of low intelligence. Carry on.
I'm probably one of the youngest people here, and I'm kinda with you. People are on here posting cringe on main!

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
Nice. And if Karaban is anything like the Meyer stretch 6-9 G/F for Baylor, that would work for me! (I know Karaban is listed as 6-7 F, correct?)

Last I read, last night, Karaban is an Indiana lean. Any updated info on him?
Not sure if he’s still an Indiana lean considering he was recruited by the old coaching staff, but Purdue is still one of the contenders for sure.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: ruflosn and t-noah

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Important guy to get, now other guys can say...ok, they got some really good guys coming in, I can go play there

kind of like Barry Stevens opened the gates for Johnny
Absolutely. And sets the tone for other recruits (work ethic, character, etc).

He's the type that I feel, had we not got him, could have been a "watch him become a star and we missed on him" type.

Getting legit excited for the next two years.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Great pick up! I will be glad when the trend of talking about exciting news being tied to referencing your erections is over. I am sure it is just a first sign of being “old,” but it is just plain weird and I personally see it as evidence of low intelligence. Carry on.
I'm old. I enjoy it. Also, I am evidence that it is a sign of low intelligence.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Typical "dumb" response from the idiots on this board. Who didn't he commit to? Your hero... who just happend to QUIT on us.

It gets dumbs because it is dumb. Did you expect hoiberg to stay here forever? No? He did the next best thing- left the program absolutely loaded for the next guy to take and run with.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Tamin is a FLOOR GENERAL. The type of lead guard that players want to play with. Having a stud like him to anchor the 2022 class will be AMAZING

Just wait until the AAU season really gets going and Tamin BLOWS up for D1 Minnesota. There are going to be A LOT of coaches wishing they stuck with Tamin after his injury. Keep in mind that he was rehabbing a knee, learning a new football offense (New head coach at Ames) as the QB and playing in multiple AAU tournaments in the past year. He's now 100% focusing on basketball where I expect him to return to his former 4-star status in no-time. His biggest weakness is consistent shooting from 3.

It's also a pretty sweet deal that Eli King will be paying basketball with Tamin all summer as his 2 guard. Seeing Tamin decked out in Iowa State swag. I think they'll have a few talks this summer about playing together in college

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Tamin is a FLOOR GENERAL. The type of lead guard that players want to play with. Having a stud like him to anchor the 2022 class will be AMAZING

Just wait until the AAU season really gets going and Tamin BLOWS up for D1 Minnesota. There are going to be A LOT of coaches wishing they stuck with Tamin after his injury. Keep in mind that he was rehabbing a knee, learning a new football offense (New head coach at Ames) as the QB and playing in multiple AAU tournaments in the past year. He's now 100% focusing on basketball where I expect him to return to his former 4-star status in no-time. His biggest weakness is consistent shooting from 3.

It's also a pretty sweet deal that Eli King will be paying basketball with Tamin all summer as his 2 guard. Seeing Tamin decked out in Iowa State swag. I think they'll have a few talks this summer about playing together in college

This isn't meant to be a dumb question at all, but just curious as to how many guys from the same AAU team end up playing together in college. I mean, does it happen much at all? I have no idea but also know guys don't always go where good friends go and so forth.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
The Tony Parker comparison from Coach is spot on. He's in total control but doesn't need the ball all the time. He'll compliment Tyrese Hunter so well!

What's great about both Hunter and Lipsey is they both love to get into the paint! It's now time to surround these two with as many shooters as possible!!

Reactions: isutrevman

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
The Tony Parker comparison from Coach is spot on. He's in total control but doesn't need the ball all the time. He'll compliment Tyrese Hunter so well!

What's great about both Hunter and Lipsey is they both love to get into the paint! It's now time to surround these two with as many shooters as possible!!
Would not shock me if those two pushed to shoot as many FT's as our entire team did last year when they get on the court together.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
This isn't meant to be a dumb question at all, but just curious as to how many guys from the same AAU team end up playing together in college. I mean, does it happen much at all? I have no idea but also know guys don't always go where good friends go and so forth.

AAU is so different than high school teammates. I honestly don't know. Tamin lives 3+ hours from Eli King but they play on the same AAU team