Tamin Lipsey Commits

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
It's also a pretty sweet deal that Eli King will be paying basketball with Tamin all summer as his 2 guard. Seeing Tamin decked out in Iowa State swag. I think they'll have a few talks this summer about playing together in college
AAU is so different than high school teammates. I honestly don't know. Tamin lives 3+ hours from Eli King but they play on the same AAU team
Curious as to how the AAU circuit works. How many games do they typically play during the year/summer and how far do they go/travel? Are they sponsored?

In Tamin and Eli's case, on their team since they live apart, do they get together for days/weeks at a time in order to practice/play together? Then go home on occasion to see family? Sounds like it could be pretty grueling.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
A new day has come, the excitement is not fading away.

IMO, to be a successful college basketball program, winning the battles on the court doesn’t count all of it. Captivating the heart of its fanbase is just as important because a loyal fanbase would go through the journey with the program together through high and low, thick and thin. TJ has experienced first-handed the glory period from Fred’s to early Prohm’s era and fully understood the key elements to building a successful program. One of them is we need the cornerstone players who not only are stars on the court by leading the team to the victories but also the loyal-to-the-core culture guys who possess extraordinary personality and charisma, who have grown to become idols of the entire fanbase, and who are admired by the other fanbases as well. They are not only basketball stars but great human beings who want to leave their legacy in the CyclONEnation and carry on the Cyclone tradition for the rest of their lives. Georges, Naz, Monte, Ejim, Haliburton, to name a few, are those cornerstones that led to our program’s success. On the contrary, in the late Prohm era, the lack of those culture leaders is one of the reasons that led to the program’s dark time.

Hopefully, Tamin Lipsey and Tyrese Hunter can become the new generation of the Cyclone legends who can lead our beloved MBB program back to glory in no time.

I’m ending this post with Georges’ positive reaction to Tamin Lipsey’s commitment.

Last edited:

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Too bad about the football thing. I get he doesn’t want to get hurt again but being competitive all year is great for kids. He’s a great player too.