Vegas Trip

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Did you guys also pay $121 per ticket? That wouldn't be good news for people expecting that single game lower bowl will be any cheaper than that. And I wonder what the ISU allotment for 4,000 would cost. Maybe more with markup from ISU?

$121 per ticket is a 65,000 seat stadium that doesn't even get 25k fans/game is criminal. They need to release info on this game. Communication has been awful.

KCyclone2010

May 19, 2017
$121 per ticket is a 65,000 seat stadium that doesn't even get 25k fans/game is criminal. They need to release info on this game. Communication has been awful.
I think that’s what people are misunderstanding. It’s not a 65,000 seat stadium for UNLV games. More like 30,000 since they won’t open the upper bowl

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I think that’s what people are misunderstanding. It’s not a 65,000 seat stadium for UNLV games. More like 30,000 since they won’t open the upper bowl

And yet we hear people in this very thread say "of course they'll open the bowl if there's demand". Which is why we need more communication from UNLV

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Is 207 like a club level?
It's the same concourse as the club level. In the other thread we've found out they're opening the 200 sections closest to the torch (they're split) and could potentially open up the other side of interest is there.

I think it will take a lot for them to open the 300/400 concourse.

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Visitor allocations sell for face value.

Has anyone spoken with our ticket office to see what the face value of our tickets will be, and what sections they are in? If they're already selling to groups, you would think they've already provided that information to ISU.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
And yet we hear people in this very thread say "of course they'll open the bowl if there's demand". Which is why we need more communication from UNLV

I truly think part of the iffy information is because of the pandemic. They had an idea they would hopefully maybe possibly go full capacity. But they didn't know. Backtracking and refunding is worse than not giving out the info. They were always gonna prioritize season ticket holders even if Iowa State fans travel like bonkers.

I think it's no surprise group tickets opened up less than a week after the Nevada governor and Clark County Commissioners opened everything up 100%

Reactions: je4cy23

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I truly think part of the iffy information is because of the pandemic. They had an idea they would hopefully maybe possibly go full capacity. But they didn't know. Backtracking and refunding is worse than not giving out the info. They were always gonna prioritize season ticket holders even if Iowa State fans travel like bonkers.

I think it's no surprise group tickets opened up less than a week after the Nevada governor and Clark County Commissioners opened everything up 100%

It would be nice if CF had a group and sold tickets here.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Has anyone spoken with our ticket office to see what the face value of our tickets will be, and what sections they are in? If they're already selling to groups, you would think they've already provided that information to ISU.
I know that first dibs from ISU's allotment go to the people who booked their travel package. After that I would imagine it will be treated like a bowl game, with higher donors getting first access and such. They sold out of at least some of their travel package options, and I would imagine there's decent demand amongst donors. I wouldn't be surprised if those 4,000 tickets are spoken for long before they would reach the general public.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I do know talking with the UNLV rep that they are only opening half the 200 level seats. They said they would open up more if request for tickets increased. I would assume the only way they find that out would be from ISU. I know they told me originally they weren’t going start ticket sales until mid July. I don’t know what warranted the early sales. I know from the beginning that group sales would start first, hence I put a downpayment of $100 down.

Reactions: je4cy23

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I do know talking with the UNLV rep that they are only opening half the 200 level seats. They said they would open up more if request for tickets increased. I would assume the only way they find that out would be from ISU. I know they told me originally they weren’t going start ticket sales until mid July. I don’t know what warranted the early sales. I know from the beginning that group sales would start first, hence I put a downpayment of $100 down.

I would imagine JP is on the phone with them, trying to get more tickets that he can sell through ISU. He does this for every bowl game, so can't see it not working this time. It is win/win for everyone. UNLV benefits from releasing another 2,000 - 4,000 tickets for one payment, and ISU benefits from keeping our fans together and satisfying as many NCC members as possible.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Why is it that the 300 and 400 sections are not being sold? Do they not know that ISU travels well? Is UNLV just stupid?

Muzzy

Jan 24, 2009
Iowa
For those of you that have purchased tickets already, what is the best way to buy? Been looking at Stubhub, Vividseats, and others..... for the price of these tickets I can buy UNLV season tickets and pay less? I don’t see single game options on UNLV website? Thanks

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Why is it that the 300 and 400 sections are not being sold? Do they not know that ISU travels well? Is UNLV just stupid?

Short answer: Because we're not bringing 50k people.

Long answer: I don't think a lot of peoole realize how expensive opening up a concourse is. That's why so many tarp off sections on their oversized stadiums. Plus you're asking them to spend this money, find the people to work, train them, and change all their logistics and planning for a singular game. Probably also against their contract with the Raiders too. If we're not going to fill it, spoiler alert: we won't, I bet they've done the math and decided it's not worth it. The 200 level makes sense since the concourse would be open anyway for the suites and club sections.

UNLV has a world class hospitality and event planning education at their school. They know what they're doing. They're not stupid.

I would love to be proven wrong and we just have a ring of cyclone fans to the rafters but assume people running football games know more than us.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
For those of you that have purchased tickets already, what is the best way to buy? Been looking at Stubhub, Vividseats, and others..... for the price of these tickets I can buy UNLV season tickets and pay less? I don’t see single game options on UNLV website? Thanks

For what it's worth Iowa State isn't selling single game tickets either.

We anticipate mid July to August before single game tickets go on sale. Just like Iowa State and every other university does.

Reactions: Cyclonsin and Muzzy

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston

Long answer: I don't think a lot of peoole realize how expensive opening up a concourse is. That's why so many tarp off sections on their oversized stadiums. Plus you're asking them to spend this money, find the people to work, train them, and change all their logistics and planning for a singular game. Probably also against their contract with the Raiders too. If we're not going to fill it, spoiler alert: we won't, I bet they've done the math and decided it's not worth it. The 200 level makes sense since the concourse would be open anyway for the suites and club sections.

UNLV has a world class hospitality and event planning education at their school. They know what they're doing. They're not stupid.

I would love to be proven wrong and we just have a ring of cyclone fans to the rafters but assume people running football games know more than us.
Raiders have a home game the week before the ISU game, I would hope they have their staffing figured out before the Cyclones show up. Lets be honest, no one knows what Allegiant Stadium is going to do in May for a September game.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011

I think they might be underestimating the desire of how many ISU fans will show up.

Reactions: Spanky and JP4CY