'22 QB Rocco Becht Commits

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Agreed. Five star kids think they have to go to a blueblood, usually.
I’m curious as to just what the college football definition of a “blue blood” might be. Because if it’s a perennial top ten team with a great coach, then we seem to be on our way to being one.

In which case, I’m okay with five star kids wanting to go to a blue blood.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
I’m curious as to just what the college football definition of a “blue blood” might be. Because if it’s a perennial top ten team with a great coach, then we seem to be on our way to being one.

That's a great discussion. Random off top of my head: Bama, LSU, Georgia, Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State, OU, Texas(?)

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

To me blue bloods are the ones that are not only perennial top teams, but historically relevant and important in the sport.

So for CFB:

Alabama
Ohio State
Michigan
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
USC

If we're talking recruiting, the "new money" powers like Clemson, Oregon are certainly in the conversation.

I know Michigan and USC have been underwhelming recently, but they have too much history to ignore

Can also make an argument for schools like Florida, LSU, Penn State.

Texas is too streaky for me to put them on there.

20 years ago I might've put Nebraska on there, but they've been so mediocre for so long ( :D ) that they've faded fast.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
To me blue bloods are the ones that are not only perennial top teams, but historically relevant and important in the sport.

So for CFB:

Alabama
Ohio State
Michigan
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
USC

If we're talking recruiting, the "new money" powers like Clemson, Oregon are certainly in the conversation.

I know Michigan and USC have been underwhelming recently, but they have too much history to ignore

20 years ago I might've put Nebraska on there, but they've been so mediocre for so long :)D) that they've faded fast.

Agree with this although,

kNebraska would kill to be mediocre now.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

So for CFB:

Alabama
Ohio State
Michigan
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
USC

20 years ago I might've put Nebraska on there, but they've been so mediocre for so long ( :D ) that they've faded fast.

Michigan has history but they aren't in that top tier anymore. Clemson should be in ahead of them IMO. LSU ahead of USC unless you count Song Girls. Hottest pom squad in college IMO.

Reactions: isutrevman

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Michigan has history but they aren't in that top tier anymore. Clemson should be in ahead of them IMO. LSU ahead of USC unless you count Song Girls. Hottest pom squad in college IMO.

If we're talking moment in time, absolutely those two are ahead of UM and USC.

But when you factor in history, money, fanbase, etc. they're still up there in terms of prestige.

If I were a Michigan fan I'd be concerned about how much Ohio St has risen above them.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
If we're talking moment in time, absolutely those two are ahead of UM and USC.

But when you factor in history, money, fanbase, etc. they're still up there in terms of prestige.

If I were a Michigan fan I'd be concerned about how much Ohio St has risen above them.

Yep OSU-Michigan used to be must watch FB not so much anymore. I agree with your money and fan base comment though. We don't have the name recognition of your listed teams but I wouldn't be afraid to play against any of them. Bama and OSU are big drinks of water, but Campbell can hang with OU I think he would keep us competitive. with them.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I just can’t pump myself up for Dekkers for some reason. There’s not really any reason for me not to. And I couldn’t tell you why. I just don’t get excited for him like others on this board do. Hopefully that will change after Purdy is gone.
Let's just say the talk within the program about Dekkers should get you to change your mind on him