Cyclone Football Twitter

danwbarrett

Mar 29, 2006
University City, MO
Id wait. Take it from someone that sat amongst a huge section of Florida State fans when we played them at Arrowhead
For the Cyclones’ First Round game of the1986 NCAA MBBTournament game, we sat in the Miami of Ohio section of the Metrodome. My friend from Ohio called their ticket office, claimed he was a huge Miami fan, and would be in Minneapolis. Location didn’t deter our cheering!

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
For the Cyclones’ First Round game of the1986 NCAA MBBTournament game, we sat in the Miami of Ohio section of the Metrodome. My friend from Ohio called their ticket office, claimed he was a huge Miami fan, and would be in Minneapolis. Location didn’t deter our cheering!

That’s the Hornacek game-winner game?

Reactions: Yellow Snow

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Hate to nitpick, but I would expect a Villanova graduate to know the difference between apart and a part
So is Villanova far superior to Iowa State? Because he have a ton of ISU graduates - even on this very board - who can't make that distinction. Many also don't know the difference between 'moot' and 'mute' or 'berth' and 'birth' or don't know that 'biased' is what you are when you have 'bias'. Need I go on?

Let's cut the kid some slack.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
So is Villanova far superior to Iowa State? Because he have a ton of ISU graduates - even on this very board - who can't make that distinction. Many also don't know the difference between 'moot' and 'mute' or 'berth' and 'birth' or don't know that 'biased' is what you are when you have 'bias'. Need I go on?

Well, his degree is in Communications. Villanova is the 46th best school for that whereas Iowa State is 157th.

So I do think he should be able to make that distinction in a tweet.

• Dumb
Reactions: jmb

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL

Pump the breaks. That's all in the passed.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Well, his degree is in Communications. Villanova is the 46th best school for that whereas Iowa State is 157th.

So I do think he should be able to make that distinction in a tweet.
I’m pretty sure there are ISU journalism grads not too terribly far away who don’t always manage to distinguish between terms like “compliment” and “complement”, “reins” and “reigns”, and “shoe-in” and “shoo-in”. In published articles.

Er, right @JStanz51?

So I’ll cut the kid some slack on a typo in an informal tweet. REALLY easy to have those pop into a tweet—and you can’t edit them.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Do Big 12 Championship Games usually sell out. I've planned on going, but figured i would get my tickets through ISU's allotment. But i'm not sure how that usually plays out.

If your well up in the donor levels that'll work.

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO

Ha I did this with less lying for the tournament here in Denver a few years back. Just called the away teams ticket office and got put on a list. Was promptly sent a link the night I think it was which I posted on here allowing for even more CFs to dial it up. The few Iona fans were not impressed LOL

Reactions: Aclone

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
I’m pretty sure there are ISU journalism grads not too terribly far away who don’t always manage to distinguish between terms like “compliment” and “complement”, “reins” and “reigns”, and “shoe-in” and “shoo-in”. In published articles.

Er, right @JStanz51?

So I’ll cut the kid some slack on a typo in an informal tweet. REALLY easy to have those pop into a tweet—and you can’t edit them.

I try to avoid those words because I know I'm going to mess them up. I'm smart enough to know how big of an idiot I am.

Edit: Realize the wrong complement was used in my story yesterday but my transcription service used the wrong one and I just didn't catch it. S*** happens when you're your own editor. I also took one writing class while I was in journalism school and it was intro to news writing. Never had to take a grammar or English comp class at Iowa State. Any grammatical errors in my stories are more of an indictment on the public school system and the fact that Cyclone Fanatic doesn't have a full copy desk than journalism school.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: VeloClone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I try to avoid those words because I know I'm going to mess them up. I'm smart enough to know how big of an idiot I am.

Edit: Realize the wrong complement was used in my story yesterday but my transcription service used the wrong one and I just didn't catch it. S*** happens when you're your own editor.
I completely understand that. I mostly post on my iPhone, and it likes to constantly autocorrect things like “well” to “we’ll” and “will” to “Will”.

I even had one day I was trying to write some phrase (whatever it was), and couldn’t get it to stop correcting to “Rhode Island”, whatever I did. It was frustrating! I finally wound up totally changing the sentence.