Wendy Wintersteen & Jamie Pollard Address the Fans

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I have hope they are about making OU and Texas pay big time…worst case? EVERYONE waits four years and the Big 12 disappears with a whimper.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
I saw a guy that was publicly posturing to keep a pay day from Texas and OU on the table. I saw a guy that didn't tout our academics or read a statement that reeked of desperation so another conference would consider us. I saw confident leadership.

I can see how the difference in words from other conference schools can give this impression.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Agree. I think the 8 Big 12 schools want $$$$ from OU and Texas. Would be funny if Texas and OU pay up the $100 Million or whatever it is, leave, and then the remaining 8 vote to disband a couple of months later and trot off to their new conferences (hopefully ISU to the Big 10 of course).

that’s what is going to happen if we can keep all 8 together

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Lol at anyone trying to read body language and tone off of that. It's a couple of people not entirely comfortable on camera reading a script. The result is something slightly awkward but gets the message across. Nothing more. I commend ISU for trying to put a little more effort and production behind the message, but its a carefully crafted statement meant to call OU and UTs bluff to play out the grant of rights until 2025. Nothing more.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Some of you need to calm down… trying your hardest to decipher a little video.
“Jamie blinked twice when he said Texas… does that mean we are going D2??”
“Wendy shifted her weight when JP said OU… I’m pretty sure thats a hint that we are going to the SEC…”

Stop over analyzing and just drink a beer.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
I thought the B. Bowlsby comment was interesting. JP has known him for a long time. Obviously he feels he knows what he is working with. May be he thinks if the time should come to exit left he feels best doing it with BB and not a backstabber. So decided to show a little support.

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
Lol at anyone trying to read body language and tone off of that. It's a couple of people not entirely comfortable on camera reading a script. The result is something slightly awkward but gets the message across. Nothing more. I commend ISU for trying to put a little more effort and production behind the message, but its a carefully crafted statement meant to call OU and UTs bluff to play out the grant of rights until 2025. Nothing more.

I disagree, the president and AD of a major university should be very comfortable on camera.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
After watching it again, He specifically named Bowlsby, I took that as a underhanded shot, just the way he said it. The way he explained the GOR in detail with emphasis, that was directed at OU and UT. Then laying it out for the long run, this is all legal posturing and some in your face comments for those that will be aware he is talking to them.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
This is a good old fashion standoff. Who blinks first? The SEC is expecting OU and Texas Fall of 2022. To hell or high water Pollard and the other seven ADs are going to make sure Texas and OU pay large $$$ to leave. Best case scenario? The other 8 schools collect that exit fee money from OU and Texas and negotiate with the B1G or Pac 12 in the interim. If the Big Ten expands and Iowa State receives an invite they will get bent over a barrel the first several years in regards to revenue share. That OU/Texas money will be needed.

Spoiler alert: There will be a negotiated buyout. But Big 12 definitely is in the strongest position. If the numbers we are hearing are around $100 mil each, that’s $25 mil per school. Good, but not program-changing, money.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny

the fact that they were reading from a script says all that’s needed. They’re digging in for a legal battle. They want the GOR money.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I thought the B. Bowlsby comment was interesting. JP has known him for a long time. Obviously he feels he knows what he is working with. May be he thinks if the time should come to exit left he feels best doing it with BB and not a backstabber. So decided to show a little support.
yeah that could be too, That comment just was a bit odd, the the GOR explanation that felt like he was talking to a specific audience.

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011
Maybe it is the Pinot talking, or maybe I am just overconfident that our future will be fine, but the thing that concerned me the most from that video was the color difference between the two polos. Have we decided which shade of red should be our primary color?

It looked like Dr Wintersteen bought her polo at the bookstore this morning, while Jamie's had been through the wash about 1000 times. Pro tip: Gain Flings will help your shirt hold its color.

H

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Have so many of you never experienced legal speak and coach speak before? This video wasn’t necessary per se, but a solid decision nonetheless - calm, collected. He’s not out there desperately tweeting ISU’s resumé like other Big 12 members because he doesn’t need to. He pays lip service to Bowlsby because that would be a terrible look to bash your current conference commish when you’re more than likely soon to have to woo a new conference commish.

The only part of that video directed at we the fans was Dr. Wintersteen’s brief thanks and Pollard’s brief message to just be patient. He’s got this. No, it won’t be 4 more years.

Help Support Us

Become a patron