*** OFFICIAL GUIDE TO VEGAS FOR UNLV 9/18 ***

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Here's a menu for the Beer Garden, though there are other vendors, I assume the drinks are gonna be the same. So no Busch Light

Beerhaus_brats_at_Bud_Light_Beer_Garden__pc__MGM_Resorts_International_.JPG

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I contacted the Carnaval Court outside of Harrahs and they will accept group reservations for 2 hours as a tailgate spot on Saturday. $60 minimum spend per person. Prob not too bad for food and drinks.

We have a group of 20 and they will reserve tables for us. PM me if you want the hostess name.

Reactions: I@ST1

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
We're getting closer to the "Amazon shipping deadline" before many of us get on planes to Vegas. My questions are:

1) what color should the crowd be? Red? Gold? Black? UNLV's colors are similar to ours...
2) where can I find decent ISU themed masks/gators? (since it looks like there's a solid chance they'll be required)

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
We're getting closer to the "Amazon shipping deadline" before many of us get on planes to Vegas. My questions are:

1) what color should the crowd be? Red? Gold? Black? UNLV's colors are similar to ours...
2) where can I find decent ISU themed masks/gators? (since it looks like there's a solid chance they'll be required)
Regarding masks, Cy's locker room has some slick ones. Picked up a black I State mask with adjustable ear straps for myself.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
@ISUCyclones2015 (or anyone else) I know nobody is thinking about this game right now but... I'm in the peak of marathon training for the Des Moines marathon and wanting to get some running in while in Vegas. We're there Thur - Mon so don't want to go that long without getting something in. Are there trails on/around the strip? Or would I be better off finding a treadmill? Do most hotels have some kind of workout room? We're at the Delano.

TIA

Reactions: nrg4isu

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
@ISUCyclones2015 (or anyone else) I know nobody is thinking about this game right now but... I'm in the peak of marathon training for the Des Moines marathon and wanting to get some running in while in Vegas. We're there Thur - Mon so don't want to go that long without getting something in. Are there trails on/around the strip? Or would I be better off finding a treadmill? Do most hotels have some kind of workout room? We're at the Delano.

TIA

I’ve ran on the strip before and like with any major city, it’s a challenge to get into a rhythm. Even more so with the mass amount of foot traffic unless you’re going ~0500-0800

I’ve just stuck to the hotel treadmill when I’m out there

• Informative
Reactions: 1100011CS

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle

TIA

The other thing to remember/consider is that you are going to have to run early, early AM unless you enjoy heat stroke. Its not uncommon for the low for the day to be above 80. Yeah it's a dry heat, but urban running in that heat could be bad (especially if you're trying to get something resembling decent mileage in).

• Informative
Reactions: 1100011CS

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

TIA
Delano has a nice fitness room

https://delanolasvegas.mgmresorts.com/en/amenities/bathhouse-gym.html

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron