*** Official IOWA STATE vs Iowa Game(Day) THREAD ***

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Fire Manning, the engineer of a 99 yard 21 play 11:49 drive

I dont think so, that doesnt just happen, its a paradigm of habits that makes that happen

Whar the haters?

Oh and Iowa fans are sore losers with no class, pathetic and starts at the top

That's the thing - he's good for one drive a game.

A DI OC should be better than that.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Love it. Congrats ISU. I'm hoping for a 2-10 season for Iowa from here on out.

From the looks of it right now they could play on mushrooms the rest of the season and get 7 wins.

Some kid named Deuce Hogan who was apparently at Iowa just came out for Kentucky in the Swamp.

• Haha
Reactions: 2020cy

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I checked out to try and coax a win.

Just turned BTN back on.

**** that panel with a rusty spoon.

• Agree
Reactions: RoseClone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It’s not even their defense, they just absolutely dominate punting vs us on both units. I mean two years in a row this is a blowout ISU win if both teams have average punting output.
In a sane world this would have been a comfortable victory.

View attachment 102866

That's the ******* Iowa game in the last 7 years in a nutshell. Just getting the win is a big thing.

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
That drive was program building - Dekkers, a young QB, protected the ball late and helped. A OL that was maligned last year - stepped up against a good front and protected well and gave Brock some running lanes. Brock, fluke fumble aside, showed he can be the man on a team. Bitter stepped up -

defense looked really good. Our young Kicker continues to be perfect... our punt team is horrible though we got the one off that mattered most I guess.

It was as ugly as ugly gets - and both the players and staff have more than enough to clean up - but this was a game we would have LOST last year. Texas Tech, WVU, etc, etc... Iowa.

There was something different this year. Last year we never recovered from shooting ourselves - this year we did - yes, Iowa was worse on offense and that helped.

But as ugly as it was - I'm incredibly optimistic moving forward. Many years of my fandom that was a game we lose. 99% of the time. Especially after the double penalty, etc. And having the ball on the 1 yard line.

We got into a bar fight the king boss of bar fights - on the road - with a. young team - and came out with a Win.

I admit I feed into the negativity - in my defense my mom's in Iowa City in the hospital and may not be around for next years game so I really, really hoped we got the win and thankfully we did.

a lot , a lot to improve on but man, we're 2-0, should be 3-0 heading into Big 12 play if we take care of business and halfway to going bowling.

Y'al are awesome and thank you and go State!

IFA Cyclone

Nov 20, 2021
Fire Manning, the engineer of a 99 yard 21 play 11:49 drive

I dont think so, that doesnt just happen, its a paradigm of habits that makes that happen

Whar the haters?

Oh and Iowa fans are sore losers with no class, pathetic and starts at the top
If he is such a great coordinator, where was that all game? We could have done that all 4 quarters.
Why did play calling change when we got to the red zone when we had been running all over them?
Why did it take an amazing play by X to get us that touchdown?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
From the looks of it right now they could play on mushrooms the rest of the season and get 7 wins.

Some kid named Deuce Hogan who was apparently at Iowa just came out for Kentucky in the Swamp.
Not so sure about that. I've been watching Iowa football 40+ years and this is the worst offense and QB I've ever seen... and I weathered Matt Sherman...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron