*** Official Iowa vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

bizzle

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
NY, NY
Honestly, even beyond wins and losses, my own expectation for ISU football, or literally any other element of my life, begins with "is willing to try something new if what they are doing demonstrably and continually does not work." It's a lot easier to sit through a losing season that may or may not be rebuilding toward something if you have a coach who isn't going to spend all twelve games insisting his philosophy is the right one even though 1+ seasons now cast serious doubt on that (and you can go back to the season before where Brock Purdy and Breece Hall were leveraged to get us a massive 7 wins, but even leaving that one out).

cincinnaticyclone

Nov 29, 2016
You will get neither a win over Iowa nor a winning conference record and you will defend Matt Campbell regardless
Agreed. While it’s fun to win this game, it’s treated the same as any other non conference game. If I had to choose between the following options, I would take a 6-3 conference record with a loss to Iowa than a 3-6 conference record with a win over Iowa

I think this team will get better as the season progresses just because there is so much youth on the offensive side.

Sep 10, 2013
I understand the sentiment, but I’m not sure what you want people to say. We’re getting totally outclassed by a team that should be on our level and it’s becoming commonplace.
I'm just speaking
I understand the sentiment, but I’m not sure what you want people to say. We’re getting totally outclassed by a team that should be on our level and it’s becoming commonplace.
I know, I'm a downer. Just how I cope. Perhaps the lesson here is don't spread my misery to others. Thanks for the feedback.

cincinnaticyclone

Nov 29, 2016
Who do you want to coach at ISU that will do better?
If Kansas and Kansas State can find a coach that wins football games so can Iowa State. The good news for me is it’s not my job to find someone. That’s the responsibility of people getting paid millions of dollars by Iowa State University

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
If Kansas and Kansas State can find a coach that wins football games so can Iowa State. The good news for me is it’s not my job to find someone. That’s the responsibility of people getting paid millions of dollars by Iowa State University
And I’m assuming you do not contribute any $$ to the university or the athletic dept, but feel you have full right to criticize everyone

See… you’re not the one who can make baseless claims

Reactions: Arkansas Cyclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Iowa State has won football games though. CMC has a winning record.

I get it. You want more. And it looks simple. But it's not. There's a reason ISU has never won 10 games and it's not SOS. Even with their best teams, there's a hole somewhere that keeps it from going to a different level.

I'm absolutely good with ISU making a bowl game and anything else is icing, just like I'm content with a tourney bid and any win is the same.

Reactions: ExCyment

cincinnaticyclone

Nov 29, 2016
Iowa State has won football games though. CMC has a winning record.

I get it. You want more. And it looks simple. But it's not. There's a reason ISU has never won 10 games and it's not SOS. Even with their best teams, there's a hole somewhere that keeps it from going to a different level.

I'm absolutely good with ISU making a bowl game and anything else is icing, just like I'm content with a tourney bid and any win is the same.
You will always get less than what you ask for

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
Oh god not this ****. This was the same question people asked when people wanted Prohm and Rhoads fired. “Who’s going to do better?” “Who do you want?” “If Rhoads can’t win here, a guy who loves ISU and the state of Iowa, no one can win here.”
Okay, but in Prohm's case there was recent evidence that someone could in fact do better. In Campbell's case, arguably no one has ever done better.

Htowncyfan

Mar 18, 2018
Okay, but in Prohm's case there was recent evidence that someone could in fact do better. In Campbell's case, arguably no one has ever done better.
True but this is a what have you done for us lately kind of thing..and for some reason he turned into Earle Bruce in the 4th quarter.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
If the 4-8 seasons continue for two more years, Pollard will 100% pull the trigger and take a chance on someone else. As much as Campbell has done for the program, Pollard won’t put up with losing and ticket sales going down the drain.

Help Support Us

Become a patron