*** Official Iowa vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
Better talent onli takes you so far when your entire philosophy is “score as little as possible and hope the other team still scores less”
I agree on this. I miss the Purdy days of slinging the ball downfield to our big receivers and tightends which really opens up the run game. Speaking of run game, Sama should be getting more snaps maybe just my opinion idk. I haven’t read any previous post but if people are calling for Campbells head I don’t know what you expect to gain. Imo Campbell is the best coach we’ve ever had and we were a bottom dweller forever. It takes a while to flip that around. We will never have a better option. With that said the game clock management on that td scoring drive was awful. Coaches need to get that in check. We are just not dominant on offense enough to go down field with 2 minutes or less and if we are maybe we should throw the ball downfield. Let Becht unleash the cannon

cyzygy11

Oct 27, 2007
Hinton, IA
Well, this is the issue of playing FCS schools.....you win easily, and you think you have it made...but the next week you meet a proper opponent, and reality..and comes across the questions....."what hapenn?"
Via

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
In progress.

My game time beer breakdown was

4 Ames Lagers
1 Old Style

our best and worst plays came while I was drinking Ames Lager. However, I got sick of watching and went out and hit golf balls while listening to Jon and Eric while sipping Ames Lager. We won 10-0 while I was doing that. So in a way, this loss is my fault, since I didn't do that the entire afternoon.

H
Damnnit. Go play 18 next time, will ya? :D

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
Counterpoint noted. How about we play this way, way too often and have not played to win time and time again?

I would much rather have a relevant offense, win a few more games, maybe get beat a few games by 2-3 TD,s etc., rather than losing over and over by one score or less. Especially when we game plan such an unenthusiastic offense.

How many long balls did we try today? Did we even use our tight ends? Why did we continue to run off tackle or try the quick outs when they were not working? I know we can run better plays!
Compared to what it was before though? You have to be realistic of where isu is. This has had ALOT of success. More than any isu team in history.

Your "rather have" is awesome... but not realistic. Have you seen what we have right now? You don't magically score 21 lore points and win games. By trying that, you lose more as well because more turnovers and issues

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Compared to what it was before though? You have to be realistic of where isu is. This has had ALOT of success. More than any isu team in history.

Your "rather have" is awesome... but not realistic. Have you seen what we have right now? You don't magically score 21 lore points and win games. By trying that, you lose more as well because more turnovers and issues
Maybe.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Ya don’t say? Only problem is, we look exactly the same as last years team that finished 4-8. Can move the ball at times, but totally inept in the red zone and the same mental mistakes, turnovers, and special teams mistakes. Why should I believe it’s going to magically get better?
Special teams look 100% better than last year, even with the blocked kick today, they are showing a great amount of improvement over what they have been throwing out there the past few years.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Losing 20-13 to the Hawkeyes was not embarrassing. As I said previously, you want to win every game of course, but that is a reasonable outcome. And I’m sure Campbell will have things he wished he’d done different…maybe he even does struggle to our coach Ferentz, but that doesn’t make him a bad coach.

You also can’t ignore that this was Rocco’s second start…and there were multiple drops. There will be a lot of good tape from this game to use for growth going into next weekend and then the Big 12 slate.
Today’s game was absolutely embarrassing.

And no, the overwhelming actual multi-year on-field evidence/proof tells us that Campbell does in fact not wish he could have done anything differently. Because he hasn’t done anything differently against Iowa. He continues to put out the same game in plan (or whatever the hell you might call that). 1 team today looked amped up to play in a big rivalry game today, and that team wasn’t wearing Cardinal.

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Today’s game was absolutely embarrassing.

And no, the overwhelming actual multi-year on-field evidence/proof tells us that Campbell does in fact not wish he could have done anything differently. Because he hasn’t done anything differently against Iowa. He continues to put out the same game in plan (or whatever the hell you might call that). 1 team today looked amped up to play in a big rivalry game today, and that team wasn’t wearing Cardinal.
I just don’t understand being embarrassed…but I guess I have to accept that for some, this is the biggest game of the season. For your sake, I guess I wish this game was later in the year…

cyclonemagic

Nov 26, 2006
Texas
Last year, Campbell won his first game against Iowa and the Cyclones went on to a losing season. Campbell's other games against Iowa were losses and the Cyclones went to bowl games in most of those seasons. It's awesome to beat a rival, but losing that game does not have to destroy the rest of the season.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Last year, Campbell won his first game against Iowa and the Cyclones went on to a losing season. Campbell's other games against Iowa were losses and the Cyclones went to bowl games in most of those seasons. It's awesome to beat a rival, but losing that game does not have to destroy the rest of the season.

I’m not an idiot. If you think last year and this year are the same thing as like 2017-2021 and in any way correlate then I’d like to offer you a once in a lifetime investment in the latest in organic supplements guaranteed to naturally increase Testosterone levels by 500% and SHRED belly fat in only 7 days.

Reactions: Skyh13 and Peter

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I’m not an idiot. If you think last year and this year are the same thing as like 2017-2021 and in any way correlate then I’d like to offer you a once in a lifetime investment in the latest in organic supplements guaranteed to naturally increase Testosterone levels by 500% and SHRED belly fat in only 7 days.
I'd like to hear more.