*** Official Iowa vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
If Kansas and Kansas State can find a coach that wins football games so can Iowa State. The good news for me is it’s not my job to find someone. That’s the responsibility of people getting paid millions of dollars by Iowa State University
BD7348CB-2B08-42E0-80D0-1E72C7ACEA28.jpeg
Seemed appropriate.

Phase 1: “Want a coach who gets more wins”

Phase 2: what coach?

Phase 3: Wins!

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I think we just dropped another pass
Or failed to throw over the middle of the field…or just act like they’re up 30 running the clock out but they’re actually needing tempo

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
In this coaching/realignment environment do we have the ability to sit back and watch?

Consistency is key and CMC has a +.500 win % overall.

He's got some faults but big picture you don't just get rid of him because of some stupid September game.
Campbell has a good deal of good will still. He is losing it rapidly though, IMO. If he can't keep up with the Big 12 this year or next, his window will be about over. Hate to say it.

I just wish he would go down swinging when we lose to Iowa like this. We continued to play to their strength. We still are vanilla and predictable. Couple that with Iowa's D, and it is a recipe for another loss.

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
Campbell has a good deal of good will still. He is losing it rapidly though, IMO. If he can't keep up with the Big 12 this year or next, his window will be about over. Hate to say it.

I just wish he would go down swinging when we lose to Iowa like this. We continued to play to their strength. We still are vanilla and predictable. Couple that with Iowa's D, and it is a recipe for another loss.
I see this as an overreaction. You played and were in a td with the chance to tie in the end. I think that's a good game plan. We win without the puck 6 and fg block. Or without several wr drops.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I see this as an overreaction. You played and were in a td with the chance to tie in the end. I think that's a good game plan. We win without the puck 6 and fg block. Or without several wr drops.
Counterpoint noted. How about we play this way, way too often and have not played to win time and time again?

I would much rather have a relevant offense, win a few more games, maybe get beat a few games by 2-3 TD,s etc., rather than losing over and over by one score or less. Especially when we game plan such an unenthusiastic offense.

How many long balls did we try today? Did we even use our tight ends? Why did we continue to run off tackle or try the quick outs when they were not working? I know we can run better plays!

• Agree
Reactions: Pizzapitter

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
It’s the same as it is now
I thought you were done with ISU? Winning 6 games in the year you don't face Texas OR Oklahoma is not even close to the same as what CMC has done. The large amount of covid sr's the hole left by their departure last year and the gambling fiasco this year has led to very young teams the past 2 seasons. That matters especially at adevelopmental program like ISU. Obviously offensively they were trying to protect Rocco and the pick six shows why. The sun will come out tomorrow and I'll be cheering for this team all year.

Reactions: Pragmatic_Clone

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
If you defend Campbell after the last few years and especially after today you deserve what you get. I’m done with Iowa State football. You all can enjoy being miserable for four months a year.

I’ll defend them and I’m not miserable at all. I’m sorry you are so emotionally fragile.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Agreed. While it’s fun to win this game, it’s treated the same as any other non conference game. If I had to choose between the following options, I would take a 6-3 conference record with a loss to Iowa than a 3-6 conference record with a win over Iowa

I think this team will get better as the season progresses just because there is so much youth on the offensive side.

Is that the deal? Mutually exclusive? Practice is for practicing. Games are for playing.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Should’ve let Scheelhaase go to South Florida and hired an OC with play calling experience.
It's 60/40 now. Most of us now feel that Campbell is calling the offensive shots.

That's the way I see see it. New OC is not given free reign.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Is that the deal? Mutually exclusive? Practice is for practicing. Games are for playing.
No - it was a hypothetical example. Look at last year. Iowa State beat Iowa only to have a terrible conference record.

Could Iowa State lose to Iowa and have a terrible conference record? Of course. And vice versa. The point being this one game doesn’t determine the success or failure of the season.

Reactions: CycloneSpinning

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron