***Official Super Bowl Game Thread***

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Shanahan cost them the game…. simple as that.

Could have easily gotten the 1st down on SF’s last drive in regulation by running the ball, and then taken the clock down to nothing and kicked the game winning FG.

And then taking the ball first in OT was stupid. I wonder if he didn’t know the OT rules?

Feel for Brock. Nothing to be ashamed of tonight though. Except his coach.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I won't be listening to any NFL coverage until next season. This site will probably be 99% of what I hear between now and the fall.
why? brock went toe to toe with the GOAT. i think the NFL off season talk is going to be pining for a rematch and talking up the budding rivalry.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I hope Brock and the 49ers can get back to the SB and win one.

For the 49ers and Chiefs, it all depends on who they can resign, who they have to let go, and what additional players can they bring in, all under a salary cap system. Will they even be able to get back?

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Well that was a nice distraction (even with the ending) from the day I had earlier today. My nerves are absolutely shot and I'm emotionally drained.
Wishing you all the best and hope everything works out ok. Remember, property can always be replaced and obviously it shakes your feeling of safety, but lives are irreplaceable. Hang in there buddy.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Going forward in SB overtime’s, I suspect all teams who win the toss will choose to kick.

Bob f

Nov 9, 2019
Iowa
Well fellas, that was quite a game. I say that because it was, and I am a Chiefs fan. But...

It would have been better if Brock and the 49ers could have gotten it done. They needed 7 on their last drive, to have a chance. They never put the Chiefs away and that was their downfall.

Another great clutch game and game winning drive by Mahomes!
Cmc fumble on first drive, muffed punt, missed extra equals a loss against any decent NFL team. But yes, let's hear it for PATRICK!!!!!!

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
That was unreal. Kelce can get open at will but not Kittle. It's mind boggling.
I listened to a guy in the grocery store say he wanted the 49s to win cause kittle was a hok but did not want Purdy to be good cause he was a Cyclone. kittle was not seen today but for 1 play.