Any advice for visiting K-State fan

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Not much will get yelled especially with kids. Afterwards maybe, happened to me at KSU last year with kids. Drunks are morons.

Spend the morning in DM, drive up, eat at hickory park. Pay the 20 to park, watch the wildcats lose and it will be a fun family day.
I was thinking more in line with profanity directed at the field than at visiting fans. The first questionable call that goes against ISU will be enough for it to come raining down.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Meh, I've tried to hate KSU but I can't.

We did get robbed last year though...couple that with KSUs win streak and I've just had it with losing to KSU. I think any true CFB fan has to respect Snyder and I don't hate him or KSU at all. The losing I absolutely hate. It has to stop on Saturday.

The other 9 losses, no big deal. Last year was garbage and I’ll never forgive or forget ;). Much like the KU game at Hilton several years ago.

c-fro

Nov 17, 2018
Thanks for the info, I think the Cyclones will finally get their win this year, unfortunately for my Cats they havent been playing their best. Your team has looked pretty good in the games I have watched and I always root for them against all other conference teams. ISU Fans I have ran into at games in Manhattan and in KC have always been some of the most polite and friendly people.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I get that.. but where does talking about Iowa City come into play?

Maybe I'm missing the joke.
I wasn't giving him real advice. Anybody would understand that they don't park near Iowa City to go to a game in Ames. I didn't ever dream someone would not understand that it was a joke based upon the absurd nature of the "advice".

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Just a bad joke all around.
Good thing it wasn't directed to you, clearly you would have been sitting in Coralville Mall parking lot waiting to be picked up at 9 am.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Good thing it wasn't directed to you, clearly you would have been sitting in Coralville Mall parking lot waiting to be picked up at 9 am.

Came to this thread expecting some vicious K-State fan-bashing. Instead, I find our fans not understanding or not appreciating a very good joke. Disappointed.

• Funny
Reactions: wclarson and jmb
D

Deleted member 8507

Don't pick up anything yellow in front of me.
Good point. Bring a yellow penalty flag and anytime KState does something wrong, throw the flag down but then bend down and pick it up and wave it over your head. That will make you very popular with the home crowd. [jimlad]

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
If I learned anything from visiting Texas this past weekend it’s that Iowa State fans are nowhere near as nice as some other fans in the conference. Our fan base has a lot of hatred built up for K-State due to the last couple of years. I’m sure this has already turned into a “Hickory Park sucks” thread, but it is no doubt the best bbq in the state of Iowa IMO.

Are you staying in Ames or DSM?

• Disagree
Reactions: 83cy