2020 Heisman List.....Brock Purdy?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Best case scenario he has a monster year, gets snubbed, comes back for his SR year to prove the haters wrong then wins it.

Reactions: 83cy

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I'm no longer opted in to the rivalry forum, but there's got to be a treasure trove of horrible takes on Purdy from the offseason.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
***Looks around and whispers***

If Brock Purdy plays all four years at Iowa State, he could mess around and flirt with finishing in the college football top-5 all-time for the passing yards in a career.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Alex Halsted (@AlexHalsted) Tweeted:
La'Michael Pettway was at a loss for words on Brock Purdy's second half (17-of-21): "Brock is Brock. Brock is going to do what he do. I trust Brock 100 percent. To me, Brock is special. Brock is one of the main reasons I came here. Brock is special, man. It’s just Brock."

I was feeling the same about Pettway today.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
***Looks around and whispers***

If Brock Purdy plays all four years at Iowa State, he could mess around and flirt with finishing in the college football top-5 all-time for the passing yards in a career.
I figured this was just pipe dream talk but it's crazy how realistic this is. He's averaging 325 yards a game this season, which puts him on pace to finish the season at 4,225 yards this year, 6,475 in his career. If he does 4,225 the next two seasons, would put him just shy of 15K. Ty Detmer currently in 5th with 15,031. Throw in a conference championship game in there (or playoff appearance, while we're having fun) and he'd be in a great spot to get it. For records sake, it's too bad he didn't start right away as a freshman. Also too bad one of his games was against Drake, in terrible passing conditions.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Purdy is easily the best QB Iowa State has ever had. And honestly it’s not even close(sorry Seneca).
Brock will hold all of ISUs passing records when he’s done here, but he is not better than Seneca. Seneca played with a hell of a lot less talent, worse coaching, and a much worse offensive line. If Seneca had the talent around him that Brock does, not to mention the coaching, Seneca could have won a heisman. Brock is a great QB, and we are lucky that he chose ISU, and we are watching greatness, but he’s not as talented as Seneca was.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Brock will certainly be on the list of Heisman hopefuls. However the ISU tag I suspect will make him more of a pre-season darkhorse pick, than any sort of pre-season front runner.

One thing the media will likely not acknowledge much is that this season is his 2nd and possibly expect him to regress some. Hell, I expected some regression this year as coordinators had film on him, and he flat out played better, and did so without the option of just throwing it up to Hakeem when things got dicey.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Brock will hold all of ISUs passing records when he’s done here, but he is not better than Seneca. Seneca played with a hell of a lot less talent, worse coaching, and a much worse offensive line. If Seneca had the talent around him that Brock does, not to mention the coaching, Seneca could have won a heisman. Brock is a great QB, and we are lucky that he chose ISU, and we are watching greatness, but he’s not as talented as Seneca was.
Hello Seneca

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron