2021 Football Targets

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Except that Mendeszoon is a linebacker, not a DE. You’d think 247 could get it right—but the probably still have Army as a WR, don’t they?
Oops, looks like they changed his position to OLB on the profile but not the position rank.

Same goes for Army, says S but position rank is still WR.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
2021 3 Star Safety Winsome Frazier is 100% Iowa State (Crystal Ball) on 247 Sports
Why are we landing so many safeties and very few corners? I know the coaches like to move secondary players around a lot, but this class and last year's class are full of true safeties. I could see DJ Miller making the move to corner and TJ Tampa maybe getting some time there as well.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Why are we landing so many safeties and very few corners? I know the coaches like to move secondary players around a lot, but this class and last year's class are full of true safeties. I could see DJ Miller making the move to corner and TJ Tampa maybe getting some time there as well.

They are recruiting Frazier as a CB.

Reactions: demoncore1031

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
To answer the root of your question, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that it’s easier to land safeties when you’re graduating them (Eisworth, White and Azunna) than cornerbacks when you’re not (crickets).

I’m sure the fact that ‘21 will have a team that’s going to be loaded with experience everywhere but tight end and safety also comes into?the equation—CMC simply wants to give the safety room the best chance of keeping up with everyone else.

Now, rumor has it they’re at least nominally recruiting Frazier as a corner, and I’d guess they’ll land a true corner before this class is said and done. It’s just that it’s easier to sell Eisworth’s role to players—like it’ll be easier to sell Johnson and Young’s (and maybe Greg Ross’s) PT this time next year.

Reactions: demoncore1031