2024-25 Roster/Rotation Additions

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I was watching the draft and they were showing Brink's highlights and there was that clip of her doing exactly this to Audi fouling her twice on the possession and I yelled at the TV that it was a foul. Hard to let it go I guess.
I still have a hard time seeing her game translate to the pros.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and Cyclad

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I know everyone is confident in their own ability and the grass is greener bust won't happen to them. If you look at the recent transfers none of them are in a better position with PT, 3 point shooting or PPG average-

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Loving what we have done in terms of replacing that which we have lost:

Williams - Diew
Hare - Bellanger
Harris - Bristow
?????? - Natabou

Still a hole to fill in the post. There are minutes to be had at the 5 - Audi isn't going to play Emily Ryan-type minutes.
I'm guessing the backup post goes one of two ways.

High major player buried in a depth chart. 15 minutes are better than no minutes.

A lower level starter that wants a shot at high level competition. This option seems more likely for someone that can log some minutes at the 4 as well.

Reactions: swclone11

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Alisa Williams talked in an interview posted earlier in this thread about playing some 5 on defense. Maybe she'd be the one, especially if we want to keep Brown out of foul trouble.
Thank you, good to know. I wondered though if she was referring more to scout team this past season.
I can see times with Ryan Hare Harris Brown Williams could be a very formidable 5.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Now that we a nice chuck of the roster together I was wondering about minutes.

1st regardless of how many Audi logs she and her backup will take the vast majority of the 40 at the post.

Ryan was restricted but healthy she's likely to lead the team. So I have her and Addy combining for 65.

Williams and Harris take the remaining 3/4 minutes close but slightly under 50.

Leaving 45 or so for our SGs/ backup point. Harris likely gets 25+. That leave 20 for Jackson. Joens and the freshmen. Last year this pair each got around 20 so if hinting at another transfer this may be the reason.

Due to no fault of their own our bench players will likely get reduced minutes in today's day and age it's impossible to keep everyone happy. Just my personal observation but with Ryan being our only senior all things being equal I think I give those minutes to the one most likely to take over the PG spot the following year. Not saying that's the way it will happen. Just my interpretation of the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ZorkClone

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

1st regardless of how many Audi logs she and her backup will take the vast majority of the 40 at the post.

Ryan was restricted but healthy she's likely to lead the team. So I have her and Addy combining for 65.

Leaving 45 or so for our SGs/ backup point. Harris likely gets 25+. That leave 20 for Jackson. Joens and the freshmen. Last year this pair each got around 20 so if Jeff's contact is hinting at another transfer this may be the reason.

Due to no fault of their own our bench players will likely get reduced minutes in today's day and age it's impossible to keep everyone happy. Just my personal observation but with Ryan being our only senior all things being equal I think I give those minutes to the one most likely to take over the PG spot the following year. Not saying that's the way it will happen. Just my interpretation of the situation.

Big mistake to not give more minutes to Joens and Jackson. They are ballers. They will play. We have no idea if the newcomers will play at the level you are expecting.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Big mistake to not give more minutes to Joens and Jackson. They are ballers. They will play. We have no idea if the newcomers will play at the level you are expecting.
Hare, the player they are in direct competition with was HM All Big East so I think she's shown it. The other 2 are basically taking the minutes at the 4 a position joens and Jackson aren't equipment to play. However it is possible they could get Brown's backup minutes at the 3.

Just my opinion I love what Belanger gave us but Hare is better she's going to command starter minutes on par if not greater than Belanger.

My breakdown was basically a response to source hinting at more transfers leaving.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019

Leaving 45 or so for our SGs/ backup point. Harris likely gets 25+. That leave 20 for Jackson. Joens and the freshmen. Last year this pair each got around 20 so if Jeff's contact is hinting at another transfer this may be the reason.

I was trying to come up with my own minutes. The bold matters a lot in the minutes Joens, Jackson, Wilson, and Tanke will get. If we don't pull a post that is worth 10-15 mins, Williams and maybe Brown(?) will be getting Crooks' backup time.

Here is a guess of minutes assuming we don't pick up a quality post-backup.

1-Ryan 30, Jackson 10, Wilson
2-Hare 25, Joens 5, Jackson 5, Tanke 5, Wilson
3-Brown 20, Joens 10, Tanke 10, Williams
4-Harris 25, Williams 10 Brown 5
5-Crooks 25, Williams 10, Brown 5

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I was trying to come up with my own minutes. The bold matters a lot in the minutes Joens, Jackson, Wilson, and Tanke will get. If we don't pull a post that is worth 10-15 mins, Williams and maybe Brown(?) will be getting Crooks' backup time.

Here is a guess of minutes assuming we don't pick up a quality post-backup.

1-Ryan 30, Jackson 10, Wilson
2-Hare 25, Joens 5, Jackson 5, Tanke 5, Wilson
3-Brown 20, Joens 10, Tanke 10, Williams
4-Harris 25, Williams 10 Brown 5
5-Crooks 25, Williams 10, Brown 5
That's not bad but I think we'll add a post. Only having one post could really hurts if bitten by the injury bug.

Watching Brown I thought she had good core strength but was an off season away from her peak physical potential. I think she can definitely be that small ball five if the off season goes well.

The other thing to consider is we are currently have 5 open scholarships. It's not inconceivable we add more than just a backup post. The big difference between the past and upcoming seasons are the missing end of the bench scholarships. With Ryan back Wilson likely has a year of development before logging considerable minutes. Tanke is a pretty highly touted recruit that specializes in shooting (Bill likes that). It's possible she pushes for minutes sooner than later.

Reactions: ZorkClone

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Possibly, but either way she has the experience now. It remains to be seen if she has the ability, since that's not her natural position.
Watching the few highlights of Williams at LSU she looked to be playing primarily in the post. Watching her high school highlights she played much more like a wing. It will be interesting to see how CBF sees her role.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
My guess for minutes until we add more players a

1-Ryan 25, Wilson 10, Jackson 5
2-Hare 25, Jackson 15, Joens 5
3-Brown 10, Joens 10, Tanke 10
4-Harris 20, Brown 20
5-Crooks 25, Williams 15

I think they still try to limit Ryan’s minutes to keep her healthy. We have lots of ball handlers and shooters. Players will need to earn their minutes. Wilson is better than some think. She played at a very high level against the best competition in HS. Guards will need to rebound the ball.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I think too many of you are vastly underestimating Ali Tanke. I see her going for at least 15 min per game and will prob be a 2/3 hybrid. We have a good problem developing and it’s called killer depth.

Reactions: ChiClone22