2024 Mens CBB Coaching Carousel

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Josh Schertz's brother went scorched earth on the Indiana State board today so that pretty much confirms that he's definitely on his way to St Louis. They might win the A10 next year, he's taking the whole roster.

• Informative
Reactions: JP4CY

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Can someone explain this Tang move to me? Seems at best lateral but maybe the Walmart school is paying a premium?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Josh Schertz's brother went scorched earth on the Indiana State board today so that pretty much confirms that he's definitely on his way to St Louis. They might win the A10 next year, he's taking the whole roster.
Why did that happen? I don't know the story there, sorry.

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
There is a church about every other mile in rural Arkansas, so Tang should take that job and fit in quite well.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
And now we'll find out if he really wanted to go or if this was just leveraging an extension
Each side can have an agenda. Obviously Tang can leverage the interest by Arkansas to get more money.

K-State offering an extension is also a must, they play in the Big12. So I don't think they can let Tang go without making it looked like they fought to keep him. I am sure they can get media friendly "journalists" to put out the message that K-State did everything possible to keep Tang.

The language on the tweet was interesting. They offered him an extension, would be curious if that extension included a pay raise? Tang was making $3.22M vs. Arkansas was paying Musselman $4.25M

NCAA MBB Coach Salaries

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Why did that happen? I don't know the story there, sorry.
The Indiana State board was upset that Schertz is leaving and the brother swooped in to talk about how much he loves Indiana State and wants to stay but it's all about money.

Didn't go over so hot.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
As a fellow incompetent person, I applaud them for cashing in.
usa_today_10543180.0.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: ruflosn

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I mean, he should go for it if they'll give him the $$$.
I'm sure a lot of UK fans won't be sad to see him go.

I think he’s run his course at UK, but it’s interesting with the money at Arkansas.

Kentucky is a blue blood, and therefore has a large fan base. I’m sure they have money. But how “well-moneyed” is that fan base? If that makes sense.

In the NIL era is Arkansas just as lucrative with the Walmart/NW Ark $$$?

Reactions: Letterkenny

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think he’s run his course at UK, but it’s interesting with the money at Arkansas.

Kentucky is a blue blood, and therefore has a large fan base. I’m sure they have money. But how “well-moneyed” is that fan base? If that makes sense.

In the NIL era is Arkansas just as lucrative with the Walmart/NW Ark $$$?
He hasn't been big into transfers and NIL at UK from what I've read.
He'll definitely need to adjust.

Help Support Us

Become a patron