***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Yep. And historically the Vikings trade down, not up. It was a very exciting night last night for Vikings fans. There's no need to try to belittle Vikings fans today. Come back when the Packers and Vikings play. In the meantime, I would recommend to learn when appropriate times are to troll and how to troll effectively.
Belittle??? Is your fanbase really so sensitive that you see my comments as a personal attack. Wow. Sorry I ventured in.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I'd be optimistic also. When you move up at least you know you're getting the guy you wanted.
I swear every Packer fan I've met in my life is also a Cubs fan.

Do the Brewers not exist for you guys? Why do they feel the need to be a Cubs fan and then trash the Bears?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I swear every Packer fan I've met in my life is also a Cubs fan.

Do the Brewers not exist for you guys? Why do they feel the need to be a Cubs fan and then trash the Bears?
I grew up in Eastern and Central Iowa. Who gives a **** about the Brewers. My first game at Wrigley was the week Elvis died. I could tell you the entire 84 roster. Why in the **** do you feel you have the right to question my fan hood?

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I grew up in Eastern and Central Iowa. Who gives a **** about the Brewers. My first game at Wrigley was the week Elvis died. I could tell you the entire 84 roster. Why in the **** do you feel you have the right to question my fan hood?
I'm not questioning anything, I just know alot of people like you who are diehard Cubs fans but yet the Bears are beneath you.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
JFC what is going on in here. Came to read about thoughts on a good draft night. Instead get to read about psychological assessments from how someone walked to stage on draft night and hear stories of heckling a younger brother and talking up being a troll year round.

People ***** about Hok trolls on CF, some people just get off on being trolls regardless of fandom.
We shouldn't worry about him. As a Packers fan, in a few years, he'll wake up in a rehab facility and not remember any of the time in his drunken stupor.

green-bay-packers-nfl.gif

Reactions: cycloneG

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
JFC what is going on in here. Came to read about thoughts on a good draft night. Instead get to read about psychological assessments from how someone walked to stage on draft night and hear stories of heckling a younger brother and talking up being a troll year round.

People ***** about Hok trolls on CF, some people just get off on being trolls regardless of fandom.
scrubs-drunk.gif

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
You would think the Vikings would be able to find a game manager in round 7.

It's amazing they ever make the playoffs considering they forfeit their first pick every 4 years.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
If you would've told me before the draft tonight that it would cost a 3rd or 4th round pick to get JJ McCarthy AND Dallas Turner, I would've thought you were high...and I would've said, yes please.
Just to point out…if I recall correctly, that initial first rounder cost a second next year to acquire in the first place. So Turner would have actually cost his own first, plus a second, third, fourth and fifth (the latter this year, again iirc).
I realize this may sound stupid..... but given the lack of success of Big 10 1st round QB,s (other than Stroud) I am very weary of McCarthy. I'm on board with the Turner pick. Time will tell.
I dunno. I’ve heard that Michigan QB’s who don’t do a lot in Ann Arbor can turn out okay as pros.

I admit, I would have preferred a shot at Maye, but that didn’t happen. And the main issue with McCarthy seems to be his lack of an elite arm, not his leadership.

Well, Fran Tarkenton and Tommy Kramer weren’t big cannon armed guys, either. I suspect we’ll be okay.

Mostly I’m relieved they didn’t overpay to get him. If he works out, he works out.

It’s the investment in Turner that seems like more pressure. But then, he seems to have a lot better chance to make it—and an even higher ceiling.

Looking ahead…it’s going to take some luck to get a contributor the rest of this draft. That fourth rounder looks lonely.

Risner is on speed dial, right?

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Only time will tell how this will all shake out. Fingers crossed.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Just to point out…if I recall correctly, that initial first rounder cost a second next year to acquire in the first place. So Turner would have actually cost his own first, plus a second, third, fourth and fifth (the latter this year, again iirc).

I dunno. I’ve heard that Michigan QB’s who don’t do a lot in Ann Arbor can turn out okay as pros.

I admit, I would have preferred a shot at Maye, but that didn’t happen. And the main issue with McCarthy seems to be his lack of an elite arm, not his leadership.

Well, Fran Tarkenton and Tommy Kramer weren’t big cannon armed guys, either. I suspect we’ll be okay.

Mostly I’m relieved they didn’t overpay to get him. If he works out, he works out.

It’s the investment in Turner that seems like more pressure. But then, he seems to have a lot better chance to make it—and an even higher ceiling.

Looking ahead…it’s going to take some luck to get a contributor the rest of this draft. That fourth rounder looks lonely.

The pick for Dallas Turner was originally #42. Which was traded to the Texans to get the #21 pick.

So add up all the picks traded for Turner were the cost to go to #17. From #42.

Reactions: Aclone

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

Drake Maye - 63% completion on 8.7 air yds/attempt
JJ McCarthy - 72% completion on 9.8 air yds/attempt
Penix - 65% completion on 9.2 air yds/attempt.

Also interesting in that the measurement of how much "zip" a QB has on the ball, which throw air time plus/minus avg per distance was first in the draft class. Where he got "dinged" was that his average distance throw was fairly low, though his average distance of completion was very good.

I think there are lot of people associating limitations to him that were a factor of team playing style and coaching. I think the lack of volume says a lot more about his team's needs than him.

I don't like Maye or Penix as prospects that much.

• Informative

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006

It was my understanding that there would be no math :)

Yeah, I didn't factor the Texans trade in. But even with the value difference in that, it only becomes an estimated high 3rd rounder.

Agree with Risner on speed dial and throw in Xavien Howard on that as well.

• Funny

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Vikes most likely will not be trading and take tonight off. What do they take in round 4 at #108– DT or G?