'22 ILB Jacob Imming Commits

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Welcome!

Based on recent data at ISU for under-sized, Midwestern, blond-ish freshman linebackers, I expect him to be an immediate starter and freshman All-American, All Big 12 as a sophomore and All American as a junior. (EDIT: I forgot that I'd project 5 interceptions as a junior as well).

Last edited:

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Now we need to land Nwankpa. And Matt Rose.

It's tough to tell for sure but I'm thinking the top realistic targets on the board are Drew Allar (QB), Eli Raridon (TE), Will McLaughlin (ILB/DE?), and Domonique Orange (DT). Maybe add Kaleb Johnson (RB) to that mix as well - the staff loves their Ohio backs.

Nwankpa will likely go blue blood.

Reactions: isutrevman

20eyes

May 15, 2020
This must've been some kind of open secret up here. Haven't followed recruiting that close this year but I'd heard he committed a couple weeks ago. Glad it's official!

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
Isu have a realistic shot at any other top Iowa talent in this class? Crystal balls don't seem to think so, but I guess in the end they don't really mean ****, as this kids family are apparently hawks. good on ya cmc and company

Reactions: A_storm_is_comin

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
randomly searched through the commit lists on 247 because i was curious how many DL ISU has pulled out of iowa over the years. since 2013 ISU has gotten commits from 3 Iowa DL. Two of them are the Petersen brothers. Zach P. was the only one with other P5 offers. That is crazy. not that it really has anything to do with anything.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
It's tough to tell for sure but I'm thinking the top realistic targets on the board are Drew Allar (QB), Eli Raridon (TE), Will McLaughlin (ILB/DE?), and Domonique Orange (DT). Maybe add Kaleb Johnson (RB) to that mix as well - the staff loves their Ohio backs.

Nwankpa will likely go blue blood.
I'd say Raridon, McLaughlin, Burkle and a QB are going to be the first calls that Imming makes to recruit dudes. I know of a few others that he is going to call, but I'll keep that a secret for now.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'd say Raridon, McLaughlin, Burkle and a QB are going to be the first calls that Imming makes to recruit dudes. I know of a few others that he is going to call, but I'll keep that a secret for now.
Dailey? Or a different qb?
Secret for now is cool. We don't need to know. What is really great about this staff is that they are good at recruiting their way, getting the players they want, for the most part, and then developing them. And more and more good players are wanting to be a part of that. Awesome.