'22 ILB Jacob Imming Commits

A_storm_is_comin

Jan 9, 2021
We’ve really had a nice track record of ILB’s over the last decade.

Rose, Lanning in 17, Jeremiah George, Klein.

You could even go further back and mention a guy like Tim Dobbins.
When I was in college I worked at a hotel and Tim Dobbins was dating a girl that worked there. He would come in all the time and his gf would get mad bc Tim and I would talk football the whole time. Tim Dobbins was super cool guy.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Seems like we've got a nice little pipeline to NW Iowa, which is funny because the HS in my college town gets killed by all these schools we get guys from

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Good to get one of the top guys in Iowa for a change. Basically the Hawks have gotten everyone they wanted for the past 20 years. I'm sure they have lost a few guys to blue bloods, but not many. CMC has done a great job of building his team with guys from other states and finding instate guys that were better than they graded out. If Campbell can get more of the top OL in the state ISU will take another leap forward.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
ISU was so bad back then...8 turnovers and won by 2...........yikes. Still loved it, don't get me wrong.

Most teams would probably struggle without their starting quarterback and running back. With that many turnovers you'd hope for more points, but that Nebraska defense was pretty good.

Reactions: Cyvilian

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Most teams would probably struggle without their starting quarterback and running back. With that many turnovers you'd hope for more points, but that Nebraska defense was the best in the nation.
Fixed for accuracy. And many Cyclones that played that day were reportedly throwing up on the sidelines.

Reactions: cyputz

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Nice little blurb about Imming:

Another commitment this month that did not get the attention it deserved outside of the state of Iowa was high three-star linebacker

Jacob Imming
choosing to stay home and play for Iowa State.

I loved what I saw from Imming when I first turned on his junior season film. He looks bigger than his listed 200 pounds and certainly plays bigger, but it was his natural feel for the position that really impressed me. Despite being a bigger-body, he nimbly picks his way through traffic, avoiding blocks and arriving at the ball carrier with bad intentions.

The size, the athleticism and the natural instincts are all there for Imming to develop into the consummate middle linebacker and Iowa State was fortunate it only had to battle three other offers for his commitment, as his offer list would have grown significantly in the coming months.