A Notre Dame/Big 12 connection?

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Anyone heard about this? Sorry if already posted.

Reactions: CYTUTT

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Could bode well for Iowa State?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Other than potentially signing with the same network how would we be connected? Would we also have a connection to the NFL as well?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
So if N.D. gets 75 million can the B12 come out with 50 million a team? I'd take that 7 days a week. Regular OTA TV, plus some type of streaming I think that would be better than the way espn has been treating the B12.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Other than potentially signing with the same network how would we be connected? Would we also have a connection to the NFL as well?
This. There would be no direct connection between the Big 12 and ND. NBC would grow their product by having games all day (2-3 Big 12 and 1 ND home game) instead of just the 1 ND gave they do now. I’m sure they factor greater viewer numbers if they have games on before and after ND.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
My one thought:

What happens to ND when the ACC gets picked apart?

ND will still need to fill those 5 games currently played against the ACC, as well as potentially need a place to park its non-football sports

If ND and the big 12 are both sharing a tv partner at that time, that might put the big 12 in a place to land that

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
People see Notre Dame in the headline and jump to all sorts of conclusions. Having NBC interested is the big takeaway in my opinion. If the Big-12 could get their media rights split among NBC, CBS, and Amazon that seems like a pretty good setup. Lots of easy access to games plus a good streaming partner.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
If we actually get that done with Notre Dame being something of an affiliate or whatever Yormark would be a legendary AD by the time the year is up
Exactly as I suggested. In fact I was so passionate about an angle like this that I emailed him last week. I knew I liked this guy. Now to just wrap it up. BTW IMO first move in a series of chess moves by him.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
My one thought:

What happens to ND when the ACC gets picked apart?

ND will still need to fill those 5 games currently played against the ACC, as well as potentially need a place to park its non-football sports

If ND and the big 12 are both sharing a tv partner at that time, that might put the big 12 in a place to land that
ND had no trouble filling out a schedule before their ACC deal. And they have played OuT recently. Would be fun to play a Shamrock series game with them in Arrowhead or somewhere else close though.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
ND had no trouble filling out a schedule before their ACC deal. And they have played OuT recently. Would be fun to play a Shamrock series game with them in Arrowhead or somewhere else close though.
ND non football would go big east, hang with the other private schools. Football, they could find five teams easily.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
If we actually get that done with Notre Dame being something of an affiliate or whatever Yormark would be a legendary AD by the time the year is up
Isn’t part of the reason this is being considered the timing of both our and ND’s TV deals?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
ND non football would go big east, hang with the other private schools. Football, they could find five teams easily.
They are really serious about the non-revenue sports there. The ACC a pretty good fit for most of that except hockey, in which they have won a Big Ten title. A friend of mine has a kid on the ND fencing team who fenced internationally in high school.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Jeffrey Scott

Sep 28, 2017
I would love to see the hok meltdown should ND ever associate with the Big12. I can hear it now, ND wasn't that much of a factor anyway, we never really wanted them, they're just propping up the decimated Big12, they'll join then leave just like Texas and OU did, and so it goes.

Frankly, I don't know how, when or why ND would need us or any conference. They can pick and choose who they want to play and still get into a playoff.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I would love to see the hok meltdown should ND ever associate with the Big12. I can hear it now, ND wasn't that much of a factor anyway, we never really wanted them, they're just propping up the decimated Big12, they'll join then leave just like Texas and OU did, and so it goes.

Frankly, I don't know how, when or why ND would need us or any conference. They can pick and choose who they want to play and still get into a playoff.
They don't need us. NBC needs more content to support that kind of investment.

Man I would love Big 12 basketball on NBC with the old Jon Tesh NBA theme music.