All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
So JP scheduled South Dakota State and you're mocking him for it? Lol

No, I think scheduling South Dakota State is defensible. I am mocking Pollard for scheduling non-scholarship FCS program Drake- as well as any Iowa State fan that thinks scheduling non-scholarship FCS program Drake is no different than scheduling South Dakota State.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
No, I think scheduling South Dakota State is defensible. I am mocking Pollard for scheduling non-scholarship FCS program Drake- as well as any Iowa State fan that thinks scheduling non-scholarship FCS program Drake is no different than scheduling South Dakota State.

I don't think anyone thinks Drake = South Dakota State. Most are saying Drake = Incarnate Word which is accurate

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I don't think anyone thinks Drake = South Dakota State. Most are saying Drake = Incarnate Word which is accurate

Huh?? One is in the FCS playoffs, the other was home for Thanksgiving break. One team gives out scholarships the other doesn't.

• Agree
Reactions: benjimill

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Huh?? One is in the FCS playoffs, the other was home for Thanksgiving break. One team gives out scholarships the other doesn't.

ISU is the same percentage to beat Drake as they were Incarnate Word. The line only moved 3 points from what it was with Incarnate Word. Derp

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I’m not mad at all, I think it is hilarious. The only thing funnier is Iowa State fans blindly drinking the Kool-Aid and pretending that this is no different than scheduling South Dakota State or UNI.
Explain to me what the meaningful difference is. It's just wanting to play a 12th football game. It's not our fault that SDSU got rained out and IW made the playoffs and thus cancelled on us (good for them).

8 > 7 and 12 > 11, agree or disagree?

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I’m not mad at all, I think it is hilarious. The only thing funnier is Iowa State fans blindly drinking the Kool-Aid and pretending that this is no different than scheduling South Dakota State or UNI.

About as hilarious as the B1G west division is and Iowa couldn't even beat half of them!! Keep drinking the Black and Gold Kool-Aid there Benji.

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Explain to me what the meaningful difference is. It's just wanting to play a 12th football game. It's not our fault that SDSU got rained out and IW made the playoffs and thus cancelled on us (good for them).

8 > 7 and 12 > 11, agree or disagree?

What is the meaningful difference between scheduling a good FCS program several years in advance and scheduling a non-scholarship program a week in advance? Surely you can’t be serious.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Not sure, just saw on Twitter the line only moved 3 points in our favor after the switch. We will blow out Drake just like we would have blown out Incarnate Word

I agree, just wouldn't use the point spread as an indicator for something like this. Once it gets to a certain point, it is hard to predict what will happen. I'm sure ISU will call off the dogs super early and that will make people gun shy about giving the points and thus the spread moves closer to what it would have been had they played IW.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I agree, just wouldn't use the point spread as an indicator for something like this. Once it gets to a certain point, it is hard to predict what will happen. I'm sure ISU will call off the dogs super early and that will make people gun shy about giving the points and thus the spread moves closer to what it would have been had they played IW.

Lol yeah ISU was going to play starters a long time vs The Word

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron