All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Drake?

You’re already bowl eligible....no purpose.

Is this so the AD doesn’t have to refund the tickets from the canceled game?

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
TBH, the assumed W doesnt mean as much as getting some snaps for certain players.
In the end it’s about $$$ and not having to refund tickets.

It will help with bowl prep I guess and getting guys experience for next year. If a starter would happen to go down with an injury in a totally meaningless game like this...it would be a real shame

Edit: on further review...the drake kids are going to love this opportunity and I’m sure their AD can use the money

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Drake?

You’re already bowl eligible....no purpose.

Is this so the AD doesn’t have to refund the tickets from the canceled game?

CMC is avenging as many losses as possible. :)

Drake 1985 burns deep (I actually didn't realize it was even that recent).

Fun fact: ISU ended the season beating #7 Oklahoma State.

Reactions: dexterhawk

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

It will help with bowl prep I guess and getting guys experience for next year. If a starter would happen to go down with an injury in a totally meaningless game like this...it would be a real shame

Edit: on further review...the drake kids are going to love this opportunity and I’m sure their AD can use the money
Yeah I'm sure the money matters a ton too. Glad Pollard didnt pull a Nebraska and not pay SDSU.
Not a lot of games on that day, so maybe the exposure helps too.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I had friends who bought tickets and got a refund. Season ticket holders will be the ones who would eat it. I will be eating the drake game.

Probably get another week of practice also.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Not a big fan of it honestly. Would have rather waiting a week, hope The Word lost and play them

I agree, either way ISU is already bowl eligible. Can't imagine many fans will go see ISU play Drake on Dec. 1.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I agree, either way ISU is already bowl eligible. Can't imagine many fans will go see ISU play Drake on Dec. 1.

Oh no I'm definitely happy we're playing a 12th game. That's a no brainer and needed to be done. I just don't like the opponent

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

We will have a decent turn out, we always do, we support our team throughout. What will hurt it is there are HS wrestling tournaments rolling that weekend, a few basketball and several youth basketball tourneys pulling parents and kids away from an 11 am kick off.

• Funny
Reactions: benjimill

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
We will have a decent turn out, we always do, we support our team throughout. What will hurt it is there are HS wrestling tournaments rolling that weekend, a few basketball and several youth basketball tourneys pulling parents and kids away from an 11 am kick off.

I doubt there are more than 30K there.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Ok, bj what do you find funny about this?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I doubt there are more than 30K there.

Depends on weather a little. A snowstorm, you may be right there. Ok weather for that time, kickoff will probably be 40k give or take. I think drake will push several fans up since this is a rare occurance for them to play a D1 probably. If it gets in the 30s with sun we will probably have high 40s in the stands.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
It's pretty dumb for fans/observers, but I suppose 8 > 7 and 12 > 11. I'd expect realistically in the 30k region to be butts in seats, weather-dependent.

I personally don't see it being any more (or less) meaningful/consequential than the IW game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron