Arnaud

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
All you run the ball people need to get ready in the future to have a real big 12 team kill A-Rob. We have ran good against crappy teams. We need to get the passing game on track or we are in for some ruff times in the next few years.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
just trying to figure what is goin through everyone's heads.

and the bolded part kinda makes me mad. I dont hate AA, i hope that maybe what you meant to say is that i dont want him on the field. AA is a great guy and no doubt a leader. so no i do not HATE AA. anyone who literally hates a football player is kinda a ******

I think what's going through our heads is the last few games of last year when he was a stud. We know what he CAN do and we refuse to give up on him like you evidently have.

KSUcat

Sep 27, 2009
Passing for 440 yards against KSU's defense from last year is not that great of an accomplishment. Our defense was ranked 117th last year out of 120 teams.

Reactions: cyman1189

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida
I really think we have some skill guys who need to start showing some skill. We do not appear to be running good crisp routes to create a little separation to give Austen something to throw at.

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
OMG totally 4got, my B. U rox K thx bai. lol

ur K thx bai shouldnt have spaces.

CyDude=
dinosaur_i8.jpg

kthxbai:jimlad:

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida
All you run the ball people need to get ready in the future to have a real big 12 team kill A-Rob. We have ran good against crappy teams. We need to get the passing game on track or we are in for some ruff times in the next few years.

I don't think we are going to see a better defense than Iowa's. Neb will be the toughest. We were able to run well vs Iowa, mainly due to their strategy to play coverage instead of focus on stopping the run. We have been fairly balanced in our attack so far.
Rushing: 829 net yds/5.2 ave/38 1st dns/7 TD's
Passing: 696 yds /14 ave/35 1st dns /5 TD's

If we make good decisions, taking what is there, we can do well as long as we take care of the football. If our opponents spread it out to defend the whole field, we can run and look for mis-matches in the passing game. If they increase their hats in the box, we can go over the top with play action. What we can't do is force the ball into coverage. If the Big XII teams try to focus on the run and make us beat them with passing - we will.

JDDCy

Jul 1, 2006
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but several times against Army our receivers slipped on their routes. I remember at least 2 where the pass looked like it was where it was supposed to be but Jake Williams was on the ground. 2 more completions and AA is 13 for 20. I think most teams would be happy with 65% completions unless your name is McCoy, Bradford or whoever is at QB for Texas Tech. If AA improves a little bit each game we will be ok.

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but several times against Army our receivers slipped on their routes. I remember at least 2 where the pass looked like it was where it was supposed to be but Jake Williams was on the ground. 2 more completions and AA is 13 for 20. I think most teams would be happy with 65% completions unless your name is McCoy, Bradford or whoever is at QB for Texas Tech. If AA improves a little bit each game we will be ok.

Yeah, I saw that too. The play by play and color guys commented before the game they thought the surface might be a little slick. You're right. Tath pass to Jake would have been good without the slip. Army was a good game for us. If we play that well vs K State, we should win.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Still not convinced that Kansas St, Colorado, and, after last week, Baylor, qualify in your argument of facing "real Big 12 teams"...

Help Support Us

Become a patron