Arrowhead Tickets (K-State Game)

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
I was just curious if anyone on this board could confirm the process of how single-game tickets for Arrowhead go on sale/distributed to the public. I live in Kansas City and I am not (sadly) a season ticket holder. I did a little research on the athletics site and saw that August 3rd is the public purchase date, tickets going for $35-90 a piece...which seems to be the same price as early ticket sales. Hopefully there are a lot of good ones left, because I refuse to go through StubHub or any re-seller like that, plus I want to be around the Cyclone fans. :biggrin: Guess I just want to know if this is the same pool of tickets for everyone.

Is anyone else on here planning on waiting and getting tickets this route, or am I all alone?

Thanks for the help in advance.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
I purchased my tix several weeks ago using a Chiefs season ticket holders' password. The password is pretty generic so if you live in KC you should be able to network it out of somebody. The Chiefs number to call is 800-745-3000. its called the "presale ticket option for season ticket holders". I am not going to disclose anymore than to say it is pretty simple to charge it to your credit card under the season ticket holders criteria without the Chiefs knowledge of who is on the other end of the phone. I am assuming any college grad from Ames can figure it out! You can chat on the phone with the ticket person and select your seats, I got 50 yard seats in the ISU section under the upper level overhang for weather protection. Cost was $50 per seat and no parking pass, which they are not selling. Parking will cost $20 when you drive into the parking lot. When I saw the Clones get screwed down there vs. FSU on the last play of the game on Seneca's scramble several years ago, the stadium was about 1/3 full with 90% Clone fans, very few FSU fans in attendance. KC is a KU & MU, Chiefs/Royals town and it will be interesting to see if the KSt. fans in Western Kansas show up in droves or not. KU & MU fans look down on KSt as an ag school much like the Iowa fans consider ISU.

sdmredsox

Dec 15, 2008
South Des Moines
I bought my 4 tickets last night. Did a google search for the ticketmaster chiefs season ticket holder presale code (its cfb). The only drawback from buying them from ticketmaster is the raping they give you on fee's. To the tune of 7.50 a ticket. ISU charged 10 bucks an order. The benefit of going thru ticketmaster however is that I got seats based on when I ordered, not how much money I donate. My tickets are on the upper deck, row 6, smack dab on the 50 yard line, Section 324.

Another thing I bought was a parking pass. It was 22 dollars. That seems really high. I remember paying 10 I believe last summer for a Royals game. Just an FYI. Hope to see everyone down there, It's gunna be rockin!

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
They're allowing students to buy a ticket to it in the season ticket package for an additional $20. Hopefully lots of students make the trip.

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
This is dumb. Why do we give up a home game to play at arrowhead. i mean sure it's a pro field, but big woop. The field itself is probably going to be in worse shape than jack trice.

Great job JP, playing a would have been home game at an away site. its gunna be a home game for kstate. just plain stupid

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
This is dumb. Why do we give up a home game to play at arrowhead. i mean sure it's a pro field, but big woop. The field itself is probably going to be in worse shape than jack trice.

Great job JP, playing a would have been home game at an away site. its gunna be a home game for kstate. just plain stupid

I actually like the idea. It should be an awesome time.

jr4cy

Nov 13, 2008
I bought my 4 tickets last night. Did a google search for the ticketmaster chiefs season ticket holder presale code (its cfb). The only drawback from buying them from ticketmaster is the raping they give you on fee's. To the tune of 7.50 a ticket. ISU charged 10 bucks an order. The benefit of going thru ticketmaster however is that I got seats based on when I ordered, not how much money I donate. My tickets are on the upper deck, row 6, smack dab on the 50 yard line, Section 324.

Another thing I bought was a parking pass. It was 22 dollars. That seems really high. I remember paying 10 I believe last summer for a Royals game. Just an FYI. Hope to see everyone down there, It's gunna be rockin!

Thanks for the code...just ordered 2 tickets. Got row 33 in section 121

mwoodley13

Apr 20, 2006

Right there with ya. Section 324, Row 6. Can't wait!

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006

I actually like the idea. It should be an awesome time.

$$$ and TV. Two things we wouldn't get as much of in Ames.

Yea, i know its about the money and TV. I just don't like the fact that we gave up a home game. And ill have to drive to KC and spend even more money. greeeeat

Here we go again...

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston
This is gonna be a great time. And because a choice for the student season ticket renewals have a ticket included, there should be quite a few students there. I would imagine that we can fill up the 5,000 seat student section there. I have already talked to quite a few students who are pretty excited about a weekend in KC with a football game...

As far as giving up a home game in JTS, I think this will expose a lot of KC fans and surrounding area to the Cyclones again so it will maybe result in some new season ticket holders in the future. Who knows. It can't hurt.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
This is dumb. Why do we give up a home game to play at arrowhead. i mean sure it's a pro field, but big woop.

You're not the only one who thinks this way. Big woop.
BTW, what a big "thank you" this is to all the Ames restaurants, bars, and hotels who donate to the NCC and get hit up for donations to ISU student events (like Veishea) all year long...

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
You're not the only one who thinks this way. Big woop.
BTW, what a big "thank you" this is to all the Ames restaurants, bars, and hotels who donate to the NCC and get hit up for donations to ISU student events (like Veishea) all year long...

They're still getting 6 home games this year. It's not like they took away every home game in the books. We had 6 home games last year, guess what, we have 6 this year! :wideeyed:

Don't kid yourself, if they're donating it, most of them are writing it off in some way, shape, or form. It's not costing them a dime to donate it; they just aren't paying as much in taxes.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
I hope are not a marketing major!

Not costing them anything because the save on taxes? Worst case scenario they pay 40% taxes and keep 60%. Sure they save on the deduction, but they are giving their money and it is costing them.

Going to KC has pros and cons, benefits and costs. It should be a good time and can promote the program, but it took a 7th home game away from Ames when we have not had one for a while and it would have been nice ot have it there.

It also allowed avoiding charging more for 7 home games in the season ticket price after last years games with 7-6.

For some donors it takes away some of the benefits they are paying for with the donations (parking, full seating priorities, etc).

Again, pros and cons.

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
I went to Jack Trice yesterday to get my student tickets and it was fairly simple. There is no extra paperwork or anything to be signed, and they just asked whether I wanted KC Tickets or not. It's just an extra $20 for students added to u-bill.

Help Support Us

Become a patron