Big East/Big12 Battle 21

IST8CIVILENGR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2011
Pittsburg, KS
Thought it would be cool to track how the Big 12 Performs against the Big East.

Currently the Big 12 is 3-0 with wins by Tech, Ku, and us.

OkSt is currently playing Xavier.

Reactions: mj4cy

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Oky State is going to lose on their home court to Xavier. Their fan support is awful. Must have about a thousand fans in attendance.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
It's 2-2 now, all the road teams have won. Okie St is loaded but man Boynton is in over his head, he can bring in studs but doesn't know what to do with them.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
It's 2-2 now, all the road teams have won. Okie St is loaded but man Boynton is in over his head, he can bring in studs but doesn't know what to do with them.
Oky State is a poor perimeter shooting team. Their 3 point percentage is poor but they keep hoisting them up. I like our chances against them. We beat Xavier handily on a neutral court and Xavier just beat Oky State handily in Stillwater.

Reactions: heitclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Oky State is a poor perimeter shooting team. Their 3 point percentage is poor but they keep hoisting them up. I like our chances against them. We beat Xavier handily on a neutral court and Xavier just beat Oky State handily in Stillwater.

Okie St reminds me a bit of Memphis and Oregon St, long, athletic but poorly coached and lots of 1 on 1, they are a good matchup for us.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Okie St doesn't have much to play for so I hope we get em this year.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I still think with the way we hustle that the long B12 schedule could tax their gas reserves.

I do worry about that. Playing this hard would burn you out.

That said, I think TJ is managing minutes very well. Brockington, Kalscheur, Hunter all average close to 30 MPG, then it's Grill at 24, then really everybody is is 20 or less. Guys should be able to hang all season IMO with that kind of load. Big, big, big risk to the team right now is just if somebody gets injured.

Reactions: Cloneon

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I still think with the way we hustle that the long B12 schedule could tax their gas reserves.
We do play 9 guys though which will help. There's some teams that only go 7 deep and don't have fatigue issues. I've also noticed the last couple games Tre and Grill have been playing just as much as Brockington and Gabe. That should help keep everyone fresh.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Their fan support for basketball is 180 from the Big 8 days.

Although after the Big 12 Championship GM, I’d be avoiding sports too if I were an Ok St fan.
Yep, night and day before and after the Thunder arrived.
I know you guys can't really answer this with certainty but I wonder if our Hilton attendance would similarly decrease if the NBA had a franchise in Des Moines?

Or are our fans that much more loyal in general to Cyclone athletics? I'd like to think that Hilton would still see a great attendance, but I'm sure a Pro sport franchise would cut into the pie bit. How much, not sure.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I know you guys can't really answer this with certainty but I wonder if our Hilton attendance would similarly decrease if the NBA had a franchise in Des Moines?

Or are our fans that much more loyal in general to Cyclone athletics? I'd like to think that Hilton would still see a great attendance, but I'm sure a Pro sport franchise would cut into the pie bit. How much, not sure.

Yes, an NBA team in DSM would put a hurt on ISU MBB attendance.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: HouClone and t-noah