Bracketology 2024

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
They better not use Kolek being out as an excuse not to drop Marquette. If they get their *** whooped by UCONN they should drop.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I still am unsure what he’s mad about.
Lol, I'm not mad. And it has nothing to do with Duke. I guess I just looked at the sites and tried to match them up with schools in the area that made the most sense.

Obviously the committee doesn't use logic and common sense and instead relies on mileage so I learned something new today.

Tennesse to Charlotte I guess.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
1/29 is Duke's last Q1 win. They have 3 Q3/Q4 wins since then.

ISU's last Q1 win was Saturday at UCF and has 3 in total since 2/3. ISU has 2 Q3 wins since then.

I'd LOVE to play Duke because they haven't beat a good team on their recent "run"

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
They better not use Kolek being out as an excuse not to drop Marquette. If they get their *** whooped by UCONN they should drop.
If he doesn't play in the Big East tournament Marquette should NOT get the benefit of the doubt seed wise.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Lol, I'm not mad. And it has nothing to do with Duke. I guess I just looked at the sites and tried to match them up with schools in the area that made the most sense.

Obviously the committee doesn't use logic and common sense and instead relies on mileage so I learned something new today.

Frankly, this is a place where I appreciate the NCAA for just having simple, objective criteria that doesn't result in inconsistent, subjective decision-making. Maybe it doesn't work out great for Tennessee this time, but you can just as easily imagine a scenario where, if they added some sort of precedence for your own state, that it wouldn't work out for someone else in the future. For instance, I assume that if Cincinnati were a top 4 seed, with Louisville or Indianapolis as a pod location and Cleveland as a pod location, Cincy fans would prefer Louisville or Indianapolis because they're significantly closer and they don't have a statewide fanbase. So that's a situation where mileage would work well to determine sites.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Mileage is quite logical. People have been measuring distances for thousands of years.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Frankly, this is a place where I appreciate the NCAA for just having simple, objective criteria that doesn't result in inconsistent, subjective decision-making. Maybe it doesn't work out great for Tennessee this time, but you can just as easily imagine a scenario where, if they added some sort of precedence for your own state, that it wouldn't work out for someone else in the future. For instance, I assume that if Cincinnati were a top 4 seed, with Louisville or Indianapolis as a pod location and Cleveland as a pod location, Cincy fans would prefer Louisville or Indianapolis because they're significantly closer and they don't have a statewide fanbase. So that's a situation where mileage would work well to determine sites.
Agreed. And I doubt most Volunteer fans even care.

1TwistedCyclone

Jan 16, 2024
Cedar Falls
Regarding the Missouri Valley Conference, I'd really like Northern Iowa to catch fire and win that tournament. Not ideal for Drake or Indiana State, but it'd be a great story and would be very irritating to the squawk-eye fans when their team's bubble is burst on selection Sunday. That is really what it's all about in the end, pissing off hok fans.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Yeah, probably none of them except everyone living from Nashville to the west, you know, the the largest population base of their state.

Instead of a 2 hour drive it's now all of a sudden 7.
It would be a little over a 3-hour difference in drive times for Nashville residents between Memphis and Charlotte. Not 5.

I perused their board back 5 pages and I didn’t see one complaint about playing in Charlotte over Memphis. One poster did mention playing in Memphis to accommodate Duke (as you did earlier) but it wasn’t a complaint about Charlotte, moreso just their observation. I don’t think there are strong feelings there. They are pissed more people aren’t putting them on the 1 line though.

Also because I’m bored, I looked up where their alumni live. They estimate 72,600 alums in Knoxville versus 35,900 in Nashville and Memphis combined

Last edited:

Pragmatic_Clone

Jul 25, 2021
USA
So, if we win tonight, does that set us up for a 2 seed, or do we get dicked anyway and get something lower?

(gets nutcup ready)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron