[Commitment Watch] ‘22 In-State LB Will McLaughlin

superiorcyclone

Dec 12, 2013
It's our version of "clowns" except it doesn't use a real word so it's actually dumber.
The are the Eyeballs. Why that doesn't stick is beyond me. They have a gd eyeball for a mascot. The Coweyes, the pigeyes, the fisheyes, what does it matter. It is an eyeball. Cowears, pigears, fisherrdotheyhaveears? Go Eyeballs! When someone says BS, they are not saying you are full of male cattle. They are saying you are full of ..... Same goes for the Eyeballs.

• Funny
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
You're starting to sound like HOK
You're sounding like someone that is to dumb to say something the right way. The term hoks came from making fun of Iowa fans who say Go Hawks instead of Go Hawkeyes, and the fact that their made up bird logo is a fake hawk instead of having something to do with the "hawkeye" state Iowa is referred to. If you're going to use it use it the right way lol.

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You're sounding like someone that is to dumb to say something the right way. The term hoks came from making fun of Iowa fans who say Go Hawks instead of Go Hawkeyes, and the fact that their made up bird logo is a fake hawk instead of having something to do with the "hawkeye" state Iowa is referred to. If you're going to use it use it the right way lol.
:D

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
This guy reminds me so much of Mike Rose.

BUT 4L, ISN'T EVERY LINEBACKER A MIKE ROSE CLONE?

Here's why he does:
Mike Rose played a hybrid DE/LB position in HS, half the time with his hand in the dirt. So does McLaughlin.
Mike Rose played with a crazy energy and an aura to his game. So does McLaughlin.
Both about 6'3" - 6'4" 225lb in HS.
Both are great in pursuit.

We would be getting another Mike Rose here.

GoldyCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2018
Have we talked about how awesome Harlan was at sports in the early 2000's? I'm from Creston so I got to see it close up. They won championships in Football, Basketball, Track, and Baseball in a row in 2003/2004 I believe. Incredible group.

Last edited:

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Have we talked about how awesome Harlan was at sports in the early 2000's? I'm from Creston so I got to see it close up. They won championships in Football, Basketball, Track, and Baseball in a row in 2003/2004 I believe. Incredible group.
They've been good recently too. They've made it deep in baseball and basketball from my memory. I remember watching their basketball team almost win state two years in a row in 2013 and 2014.

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
Joel Osborn was a star on those teams. Used to be my neighbor growing up.

GoldyCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2018
I was a Freshman when he was a Senior. We had a good football team that year but they beat us twice by 40+ pts. I'm sure they kicked our butts in basketball too but I can't remember that well. Football was their best sport. Bret Meyer and Atlantic were the only reason they lost a game the year before their championship run (an epic game in the playoffs). My years may be off as this was a loooong time ago.

Reactions: Tpups21