[Commitment Watch] '22 4 star DE Mario Eugenio

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
We are SET at edge

This happened today. R Mason Thomas is now 1 point away from 4 star status on 247

View attachment 90592

Does that ratings bump suddenly make him a better player?

• Dumb
Reactions: harimad

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Mario is rated as 87 by 247. R Mason Thomas was bumped from 86 to 89. So it kinda does mean that talent evaluators think R Mason is the better recruit
I'm not asking if he's better than Mario, I'm asking if the ratings bump improved his skill set?

• Dumb

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
I'm not asking if he's better than Mario, I'm asking if the ratings bump improved his skill set?
It demonstrates his skills have improved according to the experts in the field. So yes, it does in a way

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
What changed from here? Went from potential all time sack leader to low ceiling.
I doubt that is it. He thanked all the Michigan coaches for recruiting him. I don’t think he would do that if he got pushed out.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
What changed from here? Went from potential all time sack leader to low ceiling.
Replying to @nrg4isu too.
I didn’t have all the information.
Mario has great technique. That mixed with being 6’3”, 240lb and an above average athlete in high school makes him very hard to block. Hes also a standout in camp drills because of his technique.

Most schools, including Michigan, wanted to see how he would grow in his senior year, but he has regressed.

R Mason Thomas has a MUCH higher ceiling, though hes still a bit raw and skinny

Cashmoney

Jun 29, 2021
Replying to @nrg4isu too.
I didn’t have all the information.
Mario has great technique. That mixed with being 6’3”, 240lb and an above average athlete in high school makes him very hard to block. Hes also a standout in camp drills because of his technique.

Most schools, including Michigan, wanted to see how he would grow in his senior year, but he has regressed.

R Mason Thomas has a MUCH higher ceiling, though hes still a bit raw and skinny

By what I know Mario got hurt week 1 was out in the first quarter withing 9 minute left. Missed week 2, played week3 being Hurt based on his film you can see him limping still managed to have few tackles for loss and a pass deflected. Missed week 4, came back week 5 and put 2 sacks + 7 tackles . Still 6 game left

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
By what I know Mario got hurt week 1 was out in the first quarter withing 9 minute left. Missed week 2, played week3 being Hurt based on his film you can see him limping still managed to have few tackles for loss and a pass deflected. Missed week 4, came back week 5 and put 2 sacks + 7 tackles . Still 6 game left
how do you know so much?