[Commitment Watch] Marcus Mbow

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Wisconsin has the best OL class in the country, probably a good reason why.
They have a grand total of two OT’s committed. I’m not sure how anyone would think that constitutes “the best OL class in the country”.

Even the one in IC is better, and I don’t think theirs is considered “the best”.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
They have a grand total of two OT’s committed. I’m not sure how anyone would think that constitutes “the best OL class in the country”.

Even the one in IC is better, and I don’t think theirs is considered “the best”.
Two top 150 players, both OT projections that are high 4 star players, and the best players in their respective states is not that great? I would take less high level tackles that at worst become very competant guards. I would take this over the development class that is in IC any day.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
We have. He is our top target for OL right now.
Physically the kid looks like a monster, but his rating is pretty down there for a kid playing in Iowa even among in state players. I know we can have under the radar kids but he is really below sea level.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Physically the kid looks like a monster, but his rating is pretty down there for a kid playing in Iowa even among in state players. I know we can have under the radar kids but he is really below sea level.
Who is?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

When Nolan Rucci commits, they will have the best OL class in the country.

I had thought he committed already.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
So offers from Arizona State, Cal, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa State, Kansas State, Louisville, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Syracuse, TCU, Wake Forest, and UCLA is now considered under the radar?

Reactions: Pizzapitter

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
So offers from Arizona State, Cal, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa State, Kansas State, Louisville, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Syracuse, TCU, Wake Forest, and UCLA is now considered under the radar?
I was speaking to the rating. Normally the number 15 recruit in the state of Iowa is not being chased down by this many Power 5 teams. So I am assuming a ratings bump is in the future for him?

ColoradoISUMech

Jun 11, 2020
I was speaking to the rating. Normally the number 15 recruit in the state of Iowa is not being chased down by this many Power 5 teams. So I am assuming a ratings bump is in the future for him?
I would think ratings may be a little behind this year due to limited camps, workouts, exposure, etc. Its hard to rate something that you don’t see. Perhaps I’m wrong?

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
He was getting offers because of his tape. With no camps right now there is nobody to give him a rating. He rating is based just off his offers and nothing else right now.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Two top 150 players, both OT projections that are high 4 star players, and the best players in their respective states is not that great? I would take less high level tackles that at worst become very competant guards. I would take this over the development class that is in IC any day.

Umm wut

Rivals OT rankings:

Benzschawel #18 (Wiscy)
Davidkov #23 (Iowa)
Colby #29 (Iowa)
Mahlman #37 (Wiscy)
Stephens #44 (Iowa)

247 OT rankings:

Benzschawel #15 (Wiscy)
Davidkov #16 (Iowa)
Mahlman #18 (Wiscy)
Stephens #41 (Iowa)

Colby #14 OG (Iowa)

Why are Wisconsin's OL "high 4 star players" and Iowa's are "developmental"? Lol

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Rivals just published a list of the top ten OL classes. Wisconsin isn’t on it. Rucci won’t give them the #1 class.
Rucci would give them the #1 OL class, and if not it would be a top 3 class without a doubt.

Just compare what the classes in the top 5 to what Wisconsin would have with Rucci.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Rucci would give them the #1 OL class, and if not it would be a top 3 class without a doubt.

Just compare what the classes in the top 5 to what Wisconsin would have with Rucci.
No, no he wouldn’t. You just can’t add in “uncommitted” players to prove a point, because that would apply for everyone—Georgia being a prime case in point. They’re going to wind up with a monster OL class.

Totally ignoring the fact that Rucci is expected to be a Penn State commit.

Reactions: Pizzapitter

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
No, no he wouldn’t. You just can’t add in “uncommitted” players to prove a point, because that would apply for everyone—Georgia being a prime case in point. They’re going to wind up with a monster OL class.

Totally ignoring the fact that Rucci is expected to be a Penn State commit.
I can, in fact just “add in” uncommitted players to make a point.

IF....he commits to Wisconsin, you’ll have a tough time finding a better OL class even with just 3.... though yeah, Georgia’s could end up better.

Who is expecting him to be a Penn St commit? A crystal ball from 2018? Are you ignoring the fact that Rucci’s brother is a 2019 Wisconsin signee?