[Commitment Watch] Marcus Mbow

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Strange, this was posted less than 5 weeks ago about Mbow.
Allen Trieu posted his thoughts a couple weeks back on ISU's 247 page. ISU, like nearly every other team, moved on from him. Recruiting is strange in that things can change at the drop of a hat.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Didn’t know. I never really was impressed and now that 3 teams have basically quit recruiting him should raise red flags.

He could still be a fine player. ASU beat out MSU and Virginia who were still pursuing him, so he had options.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Does this matter at all to us anymore? I am more curious as to the status of Tyler Maro. It was said the staff had prioritized him in the past. He also has and ASU offer, but I dont know what the coaches are still looking for in this class.

Reactions: Brandon

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Does this matter at all to us anymore? I am more curious as to the status of Tyler Maro. It was said the staff had prioritized him in the past. He also has and ASU offer, but I dont know what the coaches are still looking for in this class.
I’m pretty sure the coaches want at least one, if not two more OT’s in this class.

The thing about Mbow is, as a basketball player he seems to have the athleticism to be a LT, which is very valuable, and the build to be a RT. He’d be good inside if need be. Based on that raw size and athleticism, I’d cheerfully take him in combination with Maro. And Maro isn’t a guarantee.

Of course, the coaches know the situation far better than me.

Help Support Us

Become a patron