Coolest athlete photo: Iowa State Edition

brownie

May 13, 2006
I'm not sure who it was but there was an ISU defender stripping the ball from the iowa qb around the time the streak ended. I'd love to see that one again, just pure energy and effort in that picture. Anyone?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Patrick Mahomes, Josh Jahlas, Kane Seeley
View attachment 81502
Since it is Super Bowl week.
Pat looks pretty immobile here. I'm thinking this was part of Mahomes learning curve. To get totally dismembered by none other than Iowa State.

Now you rarely see Mahomes just sitting back in the pocket waiting to get hit. He has become so good at scrambling out of the pocket to give him more time. Kind of like Aaron Rogers, only a little better. So far anyway.

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
I'm not sure who it was but there was an ISU defender stripping the ball from the iowa qb around the time the streak ended. I'd love to see that one again, just pure energy and effort in that picture. Anyone?

This might not be the one you’re referring to, but made me think of it. I loved this one from 2005. Was my freshman year and first CyHawk game. What a beat down.

b7c9f052-fbca-5adb-b051-54a441ed8afb.preview-300.jpg

Cyville55

Oct 10, 2009
Does anyone have or remember the picture of Fizer - Hoiberg for the Bulls and Tinsley for the Pacers in one shot?

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI

The picture of an Iowa State defender ripping the ball away that I liked best was Nik Moser stripping the ball from Iowa's best receiver on their deepest pass-play penetration. The picture was taken by the Des Moines Register but I didn't download it and don't have a link.

Nik Moser is one of my all-time favorites because of his effort. I think he was the greatest ball-hawk I've ever seen. One play I remember involved a scrum near the goal line where I think the opponent gathered a loose ball, Nik got it loose, opponent got it again, Nik got it loose again, we got possession.

brownie

May 13, 2006
The picture of an Iowa State defender ripping the ball away that I liked best was Nik Moser stripping the ball from Iowa's best receiver on their deepest pass-play penetration. The picture was taken by the Des Moines Register but I didn't download it and don't have a link.

Nik Moser is one of my all-time favorites because of his effort. I think he was the greatest ball-hawk I've ever seen. One play I remember involved a scrum near the goal line where I think the opponent gathered a loose ball, Nik got it loose, opponent got it again, Nik got it loose again, we got possession.
I'm pretty sure Nik Moser is the one I'm thinking of. Our younger friends would surely appreciate it if someone can find it!!

brownie

May 13, 2006
I'm pretty sure Nik Moser is the one I'm thinking of. Our younger friends would surely appreciate it if someone can find it!!
Hadn't seen the picture posted. This was hawks back towards the turf, big ISU arm ripping the ball out above him. Great picture.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI

the shadow found and posted it. Thanks shadow. I may have been wrong about the picture being from the DMR and I don't know how you found it but thanks again.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I waited to see whether this thread would be active long enough that I could sneak in two of my favorite photos. This was long ago in the time when you could wait in Hilton after games for the players to come out and pose for pictures. Anyone else remember these guys?

View attachment 81477 View attachment 81478
Terry was a regular at Happy Joes back in the day. Even when not surrounded by basketball players he looked small.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz