Crazy story from Kickin it.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009

Did anyone listen to Kickin it today? At the end the guest tells an insane story about the tweet above. Starts with about 8:30 minutes left. Does anybody remember anything about this or heard about it before?

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

Rumors also circulated that Hinrichs intended to detonate his homemade bomb inside the stadium; these included allegations that he tried to enter the stadium that evening but was denied entry after he refused to be searched. Hinrichs was not a student football season ticket holder;[COLOR=var(--color-link)][17]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_University_of_Oklahoma_bombing#cite_note-message-17[/COLOR] there was no evidence that Hinrichs tried to enter the stadium, and Hinrichs apparently neither bought nor tried to buy a game ticket.[COLOR=var(--color-link)][16]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_University_of_Oklahoma_bombing#cite_note-FBI-not-16[/COLOR] Agents scoured hundreds of hours of security camera tapes and found no images of Hinrichs, but, since not all entrances had cameras, they conceded they may never know if Hinrichs wanted to enter or tried to enter the stadium that night.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Did anyone listen to Kickin it today? At the end the guest tells an insane story about the tweet above. Starts with about 8:30 minutes left. Does anybody remember anything about this or heard about it before?

So weird for it to be covered up, especially post 911.

If I heard about this at the time I definitely forgot about it.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Last edited:

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

When I was in school someone buried a bomb in the grass at Clyde Williams stadium. It exploded when they were preparing the field before the game.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
That's an incredible read.

I'd disagree with the FBA and say that "getting cocky with explosives" does make someone a terrorist. I'd argue the minute you carry a bomb to a huge crowd you become a terrorist in that moment regardless of past history or motivations.
I think to be a "terrorist", by definition you have to be using violence to enact political change.

If you want to blow people up because you have issues, you're just a murderer.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I remember in the early 90s, there got to be a thing with people blowing up 2-liter chemical bottle bombs in the areas near the dorms. Just for the noise. Over at Friley iirc.

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
good ol draino bombs. those were the days!
They make a loud noise when the bottle bursts. Beyond that I doubt anyone could do much damage with one. If so, we'd have heard about by now.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
The spike in sales for the Works Toilet Bowl Cleaner and Reynolds Wrap that summer probably had their marketing teams scratching their heads.

Reactions: CycloneVet

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
Possibly the craziest part of it is that OU memorialized the bomber? Wtf? Even if it was just a suicide, he did it very near a high-populatiom area. There's zero reason to memorialize him.
I probably agree on the zero reason to memorialize him. I first heard of this incident 15 minute ago, so I don't know many details. Where did you see that he was memorialized?

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
I probably agree on the zero reason to memorialize him. I first heard of this incident 15 minute ago, so I don't know many details. Where did you see that he was memorialized?
It was in the podcast

Reactions: JayV

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
They make a loud noise when the bottle bursts. Beyond that I doubt anyone could do much damage with one. If so, we'd have heard about by now.

I got in a ton of trouble once as a kid because there were bleach stains on one of my shirts from one we were too close to. If I were a criminal mastermind I'd have thrown away the shirt.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

Paver brick

Reactions: JayV

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Never made a draino bomb but my roommates made a dry ice bomb when I was at ISU. We lived in apartments along Welch with a balcony facing Welch. They threw the dry ice bomb off the balcony and it landed next to the sidewalk running along Welch. Boom! Scared a couple of people but fortunately no one was really close to it. Really stupid and lucky we didn't get in deep ****.

Reactions: CycloneVet

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Paver brick
I'm amazed by this. That occurred about 20 miles and 10 years after Timothy McVeigh and Oklahoma City, and someone thought it was acceptable to memorialize him?

I would absolutely not be ok with that if I were a student there. This isn't some troubled kid that tragically took his life in his room. He had a ******* bomb.