CW POD: Is pro wrestling fun again?

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
I don’t watch wrestling anymore, but I turned on WWE NXT. I have turned it on before. It is awful. Crowd is only 7 rows deep. Dead? No doubt

• Haha
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Pretty good Summer Slam. Actually very good. The only lame duck match was Rousey vs Baszler, but nobody had any hope for that one in the first place.

So then I turn on AEW Collision... and does anything make more sense from an aesthetic perspective than the Gunns being part of Bullet Club?

• Agree

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Pretty good Summer Slam. Actually very good. The only lame duck match was Rousey vs Baszler, but nobody had any hope for that one in the first place.

So then I turn on AEW Collision... and does anything make more sense from an aesthetic perspective than the Gunns being part of Bullet Club?

The turns in this Bloodline story is incredible. So glad Iyo cashed in as that triple threat match was very meh.

Wish we would of gotten a major return as like the last 3 summerslams have a a major return from someone.

Glad LA Knight won the battle royal but there was no prize or stakes so him winning it still seems like a hollow win.

• Agree
Reactions: jdoggivjc

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The turns in this Bloodline story is incredible. So glad Iyo cashed in as that triple threat match was very meh.

Wish we would of gotten a major return as like the last 3 summerslams have a a major return from someone.

Glad LA Knight won the battle royal but there was no prize or stakes so him winning it still seems like a hollow win.

Yes about Bloodline - I don't think Jimmy turned on Jey because he's back in the fold; I think he's still out. He's just pissed that Jey failed to defend him and got him injured, plus jealousy over the title and Chief shot. Not to mention it's about the only way that made sense for Roman to retain without completely burying Jey in the process. Not to mention Roman spearing Solo is bound to eventually have consequences. I will quote what someone else said on another site: "the only person that realizes just how much Roman has lost control of the Bloodline is Paul Heyman - and he's completely enjoying it". This Bloodline story is about to enter the next phase - 4-sided Civil War.

People complained about Seth beating Finn, but IMO there is no way they were going to take the title off Seth this soon - nor should they have. Makes absolutely no sense. Not to mention Finn is at best a gatekeeper at this stage of his career. And I thought the finish to that match was brilliant to take the dissention between Finn and Damian to the next level - and to make sure Seth took full advantage of the botch in Judgment Day's interference - and make sure Damian couldn't cash in on Seth post-match.

IMO Bianca Belair winning the title only made sense because Iyo cashed in MITB to win the title. Protects both Asuka and Charlotte... and really furthers the idea she's going to turn heel alongside the Street Profits. And seriously - just make Damage Control face-leaning tweeners already.

The Cody-Brock match was about what I thought it was going to be... but I absolutely love that it's a feud that is over and Cody won... and I especially loved Brock's endorsement of Cody post-match. And as much as I hated the idea the night after WrestleMania, I'm eating my words now - Brock really put Cody over and I don't think there's currently a bigger babyface in all of pro wrestling - something I don't think AEW ever saw coming. And I almost guarantee they now start building towards Cody vs Roman II at WrestleMania.

• Agree

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Yes about Bloodline - I don't think Jimmy turned on Jey because he's back in the fold; I think he's still out. He's just pissed that Jey failed to defend him and got him injured, plus jealousy over the title and Chief shot. Not to mention it's about the only way that made sense for Roman to retain without completely burying Jey in the process. Not to mention Roman spearing Solo is bound to eventually have consequences. I will quote what someone else said on another site: "the only person that realizes just how much Roman has lost control of the Bloodline is Paul Heyman - and he's completely enjoying it". This Bloodline story is about to enter the next phase - 4-sided Civil War.

People complained about Seth beating Finn, but IMO there is no way they were going to take the title off Seth this soon - nor should they have. Makes absolutely no sense. Not to mention Finn is at best a gatekeeper at this stage of his career. And I thought the finish to that match was brilliant to take the dissention between Finn and Damian to the next level - and to make sure Seth took full advantage of the botch in Judgment Day's interference - and make sure Damian couldn't cash in on Seth post-match.

IMO Bianca Belair winning the title only made sense because Iyo cashed in MITB to win the title. Protects both Asuka and Charlotte... and really furthers the idea she's going to turn heel alongside the Street Profits. And seriously - just make Damage Control face-leaning tweeners already.

The Cody-Brock match was about what I thought it was going to be... but I absolutely love that it's a feud that is over and Cody won... and I especially loved Brock's endorsement of Cody post-match. And as much as I hated the idea the night after WrestleMania, I'm eating my words now - Brock really put Cody over and I don't think there's currently a bigger babyface in all of pro wrestling - something I don't think AEW ever saw coming. And I almost guarantee they now start building towards Cody vs Roman II at WrestleMania.

Yeah the only guy that takes that title from Roman is going to be Cody.

Subject of Cody his new documentary is out and it's great.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I enjoyed Summerslam but for some reason I felt that the crowd was dead for most of the night

Since Royal Rumble they've gone: Montreal (Zayn's home vs. Roman) Hollywood, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia and then bring it back to the states and give it to Detroit of all places...crowd was chanting "BO-RING" for the Rousey match and had zero interest in the Triple Threat.

It'll be interesting to see where the Bloodline storyline goes. Jimmy going back to Roman is going backwards.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Since Royal Rumble they've gone: Montreal (Zayn's home vs. Roman) Hollywood, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia and then bring it back to the states and give it to Detroit of all places...crowd was chanting "BO-RING" for the Rousey match and had zero interest in the Triple Threat.

It'll be interesting to see where the Bloodline storyline goes. Jimmy going back to Roman is going backwards.

They also had money in the bank in London.

Reactions: ISUCubswin

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Bray Wyatt “unexpectedly” died today.

Rumors he was “very ill” which is why he stepped away after the LA Knight feud.

Either way, incredible talent who had potential to be a Rock, Undertaker, Stone Cold level legend and just never seemed to break though. Incredibly sad. Had high hopes he and Bliss would form a great faction after she had her kid.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Bray Wyatt “unexpectedly” died today.

Rumors he was “very ill” which is why he stepped away after the LA Knight feud.

Either way, incredible talent who had potential to be a Rock, Undertaker, Stone Cold level legend and just never seemed to break though. Incredibly sad. Had high hopes he and Bliss would form a great faction after she had her kid.

He has a bunch of young kids with his current wife.

Now 2 of the 3 wyatt family members have passed and way to early in Wyatt and Luke Harper aka Brodie Lee.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I swear - CM Punk will never be happy unless everyone else around him is miserable - and even then it's a crapshoot. Apparently after All In got into altercations with Jack Perry and Miro, asking "got a problem with me?", then went to have an altercation with Tony Khan afterward to boot.

I was with him when he left wwe but everything with him since then now leaves me on any side but his.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
On the topic of AEW they had the "most epic ever event" in Wembley Sunday. I'd say Mania night 1 this year was better than all in.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I swear - CM Punk will never be happy unless everyone else around him is miserable - and even then it's a crapshoot. Apparently after All In got into altercations with Jack Perry and Miro, asking "got a problem with me?", then went to have an altercation with Tony Khan afterward to boot.

Doesn't surprise me. When he was in WWE he was my favorite by far but just seems he can't figure out sometimes its not always "everyone around me is the problem not me"