Dan Bebee Latter

werdnamanhill

(⌐■_■)
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 23, 2017
Eastern IA -> Raleigh, NC -> Madison, WI
Anyone have a link to the Dan Bebee memo/letter discussed on the first episode of kickin' it?

It's kinda crazy that he was talking so accurately about conference consolidation and paying players in 2010, and I was hoping I could find it online, but no luck so far

Reactions: nrg4isu

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Had never seen that. Separating FB/MBB from all the other sports, treating them radically differently, is not a terrible idea. It's kind of the way its going anyway.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Had never seen that. Separating FB/MBB from all the other sports, treating them radically differently, is not a terrible idea. It's kind of the way its going anyway.
Just separating FB would be enough, I think, to lead to sane conferences for all remaining sports for travel, competition and fan engagement reasons.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Just separating FB would be enough, I think, to lead to sane conferences for all remaining sports for travel, competition and fan engagement reasons.
If you were Overlord for a day, you could decree all conference schools had to be within like 700 miles of each other or something.

You'd have more conferences, but more sanity.