David Irving

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Teams literally have doctors who will ok supplements or shoot them down. Pretty much laziness or stupidity.

I think the NFLPA also has a hotline set up for players to call and verify that a supplement they're taking or going to take doesn't contain any banned substances.

So yeah, it was either stupid, lazy, or both. Or he's flat out lying and he knew full well he was taking something that could get him suspended.

cydline2cydline

Sep 17, 2011
Altoonaville
Some dudes are just knuckleheads.
david-irving-stop-sign.jpg

IT YOU GUYS! You aren't being nice.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
david-irving-stop-sign.jpg

All the way to Lincolnway. All the way to Lincolnway. Dummies lead the pack, please.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
He was a free agent after this year, IIRC

He was drafted in 2013. He played...

...which is the end of his four-year rookie contract.

First-rounders have five-years, but he went in Round #5.

He has played well in limited minutes backing up/rotation minutes one of the best linebackers in league history. I can see why he would want out for PT and why the Panthers would not pick him up as a backup for that kind of money, even if Kuechly has injury problems.

Hopefully this gives him a chance to show off in a full-time starting role (finally).

He obviously got himself paid, though. :D

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The A.J. Klein news deserves its own thread (or even an article and podcast). That is a big deal and it seems that many of us missed it. It shouldn't be buried in a David Irving thread.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I think the NFLPA also has a hotline set up for players to call and verify that a supplement they're taking or going to take doesn't contain any banned substances.

So yeah, it was either stupid, lazy, or both. Or he's flat out lying and he knew full well he was taking something that could get him suspended.

I'm not going to defend him because there are a ton of resources for them to get stuff cleared but the amount of stuff you or I can go buy compared to them is kind of ridiculous.

Off topic is what's more ridiculous is how much stuff is sold to the public to help them get "healthier" while world class athletes look and perform like they do without them.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I'm not going to defend him because there are a ton of resources for them to get stuff cleared but the amount of stuff you or I can go buy compared to them is kind of ridiculous.

Off topic is what's more ridiculous is how much stuff is sold to the public to help them get "healthier" while world class athletes look and perform like they do without them.
That's because people are stupid and lazy. There really is only one tried and true method. Eat healthy and exercise. There are no magical shortcuts.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron