Dumbest thing you dealt with today?

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
I had to start this and have to hear if this type of thing is going on in your lives. Almost started this a couple days ago when I had to drive across town because a couple service technicians trying plug a stove into an outlet wasn't working. Got over there and they were trying to push the plug I upside down. Made me think of the scene in Idiocracy during the IQ tests when people were shoving round pegs into square holes.
Anyway, today I'm checking out at Dollar General. The cashier turns around and looks outside and says "Wow, it's really getting bad out there". I look out into a beautiful sunny day and say "no, it's Wednesday noon". Still didn't understand what I was talking about. I said "the sirens". He goes oh I didn't even notice them. What? He was perceiving something from one sense. Tricked his brain into thinking he was seeing something that wasn't happening, and didn't even know why.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
I had to start this and have to hear if this type of thing is going on in your lives. Almost started this a couple days ago when I had to drive across town because a couple service technicians trying plug a stove into an outlet wasn't working. Got over there and they were trying to push the plug I upside down. Made me think of the scene in Idiocracy during the IQ tests when people were shoving round pegs into square holes.
Anyway, today I'm checking out at Dollar General. The cashier turns around and looks outside and says "Wow, it's really getting bad out there". I look out into a beautiful sunny day and say "no, it's Wednesday noon". Still didn't understand what I was talking about. I said "the sirens". He goes oh I didn't even notice them. What? He was perceiving something from one sense. Tricked his brain into thinking he was seeing something that wasn't happening, and didn't even know why.
For me, it’s been 5 1 hour “meetings” (virtual) to explain Q1 performance.

My company’s Q1 performance has mirrored the current market place conditions.

But hey, let’s waste about 35 man hours to go around in circles about information that is already confirmed.

(Shoot me)

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
This isn't intended as a shot at the op, so please don't take it that way, but the people in my life who complain the most about how dumb everyone else is are some of the dumbest people I know.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
I hit a soaking wet, 4 foot tall tumbleweed blowing across the road this morning on the drive to work going 71 mph. It exploded and left tiny scratches all over my hood.
Boo!

That sucks!

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Accountant sent me my taxes this morning, but he saved them in a newer version of Adobe Acrobat than I have and I could not open them. So I got to **** around and download/install/register new upgrades on my laptop and home office computer for 2 hours. What fun!

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Sister-in-law, who is very nice and in all other ways a great person, but is also a chronic and obsessive overplanner, sends out a family text this morning... April 3... wanting to know what dates would work for everyone getting together for Christmas.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Accountant sent me my taxes this morning, but he saved them in a newer version of Adobe Acrobat than I have and I could not open them. So I got to **** around and download/install/register new upgrades on my laptop and home office computer for 2 hours. What fun!
Adobe will bend you over and rip you off it you aren't careful.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
For me, it’s been 5 1 hour “meetings” (virtual) to explain Q1 performance.

My company’s Q1 performance has mirrored the current market place conditions.

But hey, let’s waste about 35 man hours to go around in circles about information that is already confirmed.

(Shoot me)
I could never work an office job. So many of those meetings just seems like egos being placated.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I had to deal with someone that was vehemently arguing incorrectly about how military time worked. The phrase "1400 AM" came out of his mouth, and he was not talking about a radio station.

The whole point is no AM and PM. You should have brought up Zulu time and totally blew his mind.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I had to deal with someone that was vehemently arguing incorrectly about how military time worked. The phrase "1400 AM" came out of his mouth, and he was not talking about a radio station.
This is quite funny. I love dumb people more than I should.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Sister-in-law, who is very nice and in all other ways a great person, but is also a chronic and obsessive overplanner, sends out a family text this morning... April 3... wanting to know what dates would work for everyone getting together for Christmas.
That’s funny and annoying.

Just reply 12/25 (or what the usual family Christmas date is)

Reactions: Gonzo

Help Support Us

Become a patron