Dumbest thing you dealt with today?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Sister-in-law, who is very nice and in all other ways a great person, but is also a chronic and obsessive overplanner, sends out a family text this morning... April 3... wanting to know what dates would work for everyone getting together for Christmas.
Clearly depends on what bowl game we go to.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
I could never work an office job. So many of those meetings just seems like egos being placated.
So true.

The proverbial “let’s have a meeting about the upcoming meeting” is still alive and well in corporate ‘merica post pandemic!

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Oh yeah... if I hear the term "we are 'vision casting'" one more time, somebody is getting punched in the nuts.
JM - I suggest throat punched instead nut punching. It has a longer lasting affect.

But to each of their own! Just be sure to physically react to their stupidity.

• Funny
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

PineClone

Jul 16, 2008
My friend is building a two-story house on an empty lot in a neighborhood full of two-story houses. They broke ground this morning. When they arrived, they saw that the neighbor had put up a big sign that says, "THANKS FOR RUINING OUR VIEW!"

Nothing like crapping in your own nest on day one.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
For contrast, I have an office job and spend about 25 minutes in meetings during an average week.
#jealous

(For the record I office from home).I still desire no more than 1 hour/day of virtual meetings on average.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Sister-in-law, who is very nice and in all other ways a great person, but is also a chronic and obsessive overplanner, sends out a family text this morning... April 3... wanting to know what dates would work for everyone getting together for Christmas.
This one doesn't seem weird to me, but my siblings are also spread out all over the country. Many are retired now, so it's not as big of a deal, but for many years, if we didn't coordinate something early in the year, we would never have gotten together. We all had to coordinate work schedules, kids' school schedules, etc.

If you guys are all fairly local, then, yeah, that would be maddening.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
This one doesn't seem weird to me, but my siblings are also spread out all over the country. Many are retired now, so it's not as big of a deal, but for many years, if we didn't coordinate something early in the year, we would never have gotten together. We all had to coordinate work schedules, kids' school schedules, etc.

If you guys are all fairly local, then, yeah, that would be maddening.
One niece is out east, everyone else lives in CR/IC area except us here in Warren County.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
JM - I suggest throat punched instead nut punching. It has a longer lasting affect.

It’s either attack them or do this when I hear “vision casting” which I’ve also been told is inappropriate.

michael-keaton-hand-job.gif

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

Throat punch can be lethal too. No better way to put the fear of God in them than possible suffocation.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

synapticwave

Mar 9, 2007
Austin, TX
www.longshotgames.com
My friend is building a two-story house on an empty lot in a neighborhood full of two-story houses. They broke ground this morning. When they arrived, they saw that the neighbor had put up a big sign that says, "THANKS FOR RUINING OUR VIEW!"

Nothing like crapping in your own nest on day one.
Ugh - that's terrible. Why would you treat your literal neighbor that you've never met that way? And, unfortunately - that unfriendly, un-neighborly attitude is too prevalent.

The last 2 houses we've moved to, before we signed mortgage docs and closed I went to the neighbors and talked to them and said we're planning to buy the house. Just talked to them briefly and told them about our family and ask them how long they've lived there and a couple quick questions about if the house we're buying had any trouble they knew of and if they knew if the sellers did anything good/bad with the house? That will reveal a lot about them and if they're friendly and will make good neighbors.

I'll never buy another house without knowing who the neighbors are.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
This isn't intended as a shot at the op, so please don't take it that way, but the people in my life who complain the most about how dumb everyone else is are some of the dumbest people I know.
Thanks..dumb keeps rolling in. I don't intend to do something, but going to do it anyway? **** you dumbass. Have no time for stupid twists of logic like your moronic post

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I haven't done the dumbest thing yet today because I'm on the fence with taking my wife to see Mean Girls at Stephen's.
I haven't watched that movie/play. Would I kill myself?

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
In my industry, we have to maintain continuing ed credits to keep our license. Two hours must be on ethics, specifically. Every conference now includes at least one session on ethics so people can get their credits.

At a conference this week and the "ethics" talk was a self-help guru trying to sell us books under the guise of "ethics is about relationships!"

Did you know that ethics means being nice to people and caring about them? Spoiler: That. Is. Not. Ethics.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
For me, it’s been 5 1 hour “meetings” (virtual) to explain Q1 performance.

My company’s Q1 performance has mirrored the current market place conditions.

But hey, let’s waste about 35 man hours to go around in circles about information that is already confirmed.

(Shoot me)
That sounds seriously awful.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneFanInKC