Faithful Fans

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I'm not sure why we are piling on an outsider for giving his opinion, especially when that outsider is a relative of a potential 4 star recruit talking about "wasting" talent if he comes here...that is mind boggling to me. But to each his own.

I really hope fans show up this weekend. I don't expect 50,000 but hopefully people realize this is the last game at JTS for 9+ months.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
Cyclone22 has been nominated for the "Lord of Tact Award for most proficient misuse of tact on an online message board."

BTW, I still love cyclone football.

Cyclone22 is the BEST DB we have in the backfield, calling the plays for everyone.:yes:

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
TheCity - at least someone took what I was saying for what it was.

No nerve struck. I never said you felt your brother was the 2nd coming - but many fans here do seem to believe it. We could have a handful of guys like your brother and still lose week in and week out - because we can't block and tackle.

This has me concerned.

I'd love to have Money on our side, I just don't want to see him and the current skill guys "wasted" here.

Dude, step away from the computer. What good are you really doing??

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'm not sure why we are piling on an outsider for giving his opinion, especially when that outsider is a relative of a potential 4 star recruit talking about "wasting" talent if he comes here...that is mind boggling to me. But to each his own.

I really hope fans show up this weekend. I don't expect 50,000 but hopefully people realize this is the last game at JTS for 9+ months.

I don't think we are piling on. Very few are, actually. One in particular.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Outsiders come in here all the time, telling us how we should feel, etc. I won't feel bad about disagreeing with it.

but you just told a recruit that it isn't worht coming here. but hey, I am sure that will be part of the solution.

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
While I think 22's comments were a bit out of line I respect his concern for the future of Iowa State football. I love being a part of this fanbase, we are clearly one of the more loyal fanbases in college athletics, as is evident in our attendance to games this year and in years past. We are generally an optimistic group, but frankly there comes a time when you must express concern. Right now our team is going in a direction that we don't want to see. If we don't express our concerns with that it becomes second nature to "accept" what is happening.
Having said that, 22, I think your comments are a bit extreme. While I share your sentiments about fundametals and the team seeming to lack in that aspect, I hardly think it's time to abandon ship. I know that's not what you're doing or suggesting, but I feel you're being an extremist with your words. Our playmakers (may Money be one of them next year) will begin to shine with time. The experience they gain this year alone will make them better players. There is a system in place, let it work. Don't give up just yet.
Frustration is expected, just don't take it too far.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
I agree on the tackling and execution part. That much is a given, but, what do you think our chances are if 1. we land a 4* recruit to better are team or 2. we just keep getting what we can get on defense. A 4* recruit would mean the better defensive people will give us a closer look. I think we have the making of a good offense. If the defense recruits see this, or it is pointed out by our coaches, then we have a better chance of recruiting. I say, "show me the Money" and let the other guys follow him here!

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
22, I never meant to strike a nerve, however, your genuine frustrations shows that you are nothing more than a concerned fan! I can understand the emotion. I am in no means saying that things are where they need to be nor am I claiming that my brother is the 2nd coming, what I am saying is that 1: as a coach I can assess the potential of a team and measure the opportunity for growth, and from what I'm Seeing there's plenty of potential and growth is better than Max at anytime. When you have continuous growth in a program it sets you up for successful years as opposed to having a bunch of seniors that will give it all they got for their last year with a substantial drop off in the lower classmen. 2:experience is key, all the games that you're barely losing this year will be ones that your players will find a way to win next year. Experienced players find a way to win football games!

Thanks for telling us that though you might only have been a Cyclone fan for "five minutes", you know what you're talking about. :biggrin:

I think that part of 22's problem is that he has been a Cyclone fan for a number of years--and his perspective is stained by the past. This would be the exact opposite of "rose colored glasses", of course.

Wasting was probably an extreme term - but I am severely concerned our skill guys won't be allowed to shine (therefore getting us wins) because we can't do the basics well (block/tackle).

Improving the basics comes with strength, experience, coaching--and new players. You do realize that Money would only be one of twenty-odd new players, don't you? All of them responsible for helping with those blocking/tackling issues?

Sorry, I'm not into selling a bowl full of lies.

Where did this come from?

We have a surge of talent. This team is getting better, it will continue to get better. Where is the "bowl of lies"?

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I've been a fan for slightly more than five minutes - try five decades. 22 can tout his "brainpan" (his words, not mine) as much as he wants, but he can't touch my passion or my experience. I graduated from ISU before he was born. I've seen these teams go up and down and I've seen all the coaches. We've got real players, they're just young. We've got a real coaching staff, just not the ingredients. '09 is the start of something special, and it will carry into subsequent years regardless of the schedule. If Money comes to ISU, he's going to have two years playing against the likes of OU, UT, etc and doing so on equal footing. As an athlete, I couldn't ask for anything more.

TheCity - I hope your brother comes to ISU. Not just for us fans, but because he's going to be part of a renaissance, and there is nothing more special than that (except of course being the stud athlete we all wish we were).

I can see it now.... 'It's Money deep behind the Oklahoma secondary... he's at the 40 , 35, 30, 20, 10... TOUCHDOWN IOWA STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yeah baby. It's coming and it's comng hard and fast. I've been waiting for this for a long time and I finally can see it on the horizon.

Last edited:

ljs6756

Apr 10, 2006
I dont care about our record and I wont for the next one to two years. What I care about is the loalty of the fans to the TEAM. The loalty of our players and fans to our coaches. Those young players are bustin there bass each and every week and it shows. We as fans need to also work hard and continue to show love to the players and the coaches and let them focus on what they need to do each week. We need to forget about the W's and start looking at the big picture and start acting like a TEAM, supporting each other no matter what the outcome. GO TEAM

Reactions: Balrog