Fan Duel evidently has our O/U at 7.5 wins... Thoughts?

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Pound the over. CMC sold me on this season at the We Will Collective event. He talked about:
  • 20 returning starters.
  • The staff "sprints" to work each morning.
  • Wants to win the Big 12 conference outright.
  • And even teased us about hosting a Playoff game in Jack Trice Stadium in December!
Like normal it’s going to come down to the offensive line. And we will all see it to believe it. But perhaps this is the year finally.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Like normal it’s going to come down to the offensive line. And we will all see it to believe it. But perhaps this is the year finally.

Clanton is different. Got to talk to him at the We Will Collective event. Very interesting philosophy. We have seen what he was able to do at UNI. Lots of success on the o-line.

Reactions: nrg4isu

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Clanton is different. Got to talk to him at the We Will Collective event. Very interesting philosophy. We have seen what he was able to do at UNI. Lots of success on the o-line.
I don’t disagree with that at all. I will just have a cautious outlook when it comes to the O-line.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I just turned 40 a few months back and it has happened 4 times in my life. I would like to think we'd do better but I'm not putting any money down.
Agree. Not to mention that this is a new version of the B12 that we have yet to navigate. It seems "easier" but no guarantee. I'll bet on individual games just plenty, thank you.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I do believe ISU will win 7 games. Now, about that half a game.... does that mean we lead at halftime it counts as one half?

Am I doing this right?

• Haha
Reactions: Cycsk

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Nice that we get 5 conference home games and KU in arrowhead. Only 3 true road games in conference.

Reactions: Yellow Snow

Gibbon

Aug 20, 2013
Ames
We overachieved last year. I think much like 2021, there's a good chance we regress to the mean, especially with the O-Line play we had all last year. I'd probably take the over, but don't think it's a surefire bet.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I know we can't help ourselves, but trying to project wins for the Big 12 next year seems really like throwing darts with a blindfold. Arizona lost their coach, and then some players decided to leave I think. Colorado has a complete roster turnover every year. I just think we know far less about many teams than we ever have. The best known team to predict is Iowa State with 22 returning starters. K State lost their QB to Ohio State. Utah QB missed an entire year. That is not usually a good thing. Just so many unknowns.

We could win 5, we could win 10, so much depends on what other teams have and we really don't know. Like many have said, it's just hard to believe as a Cyclone fan until you see it. We thought 2021 would be our year, Brock's senior year. You just have to play the games and see. But with all these returning players, you can't help but think again, "This could be it!"

• Agree
Reactions: Proton

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
We overachieved last year. I think much like 2021, there's a good chance we regress to the mean, especially with the O-Line play we had all last year. I'd probably take the over, but don't think it's a surefire bet.
How do you figure?

I felt like young players played well. And they all come back. We'll have as much raw talent as we've ever had based on post season awards. Still young, but older than last year. The transfers are harder to get a feel for, but I think next year has the potential to be amazing. I'm penciling in Iowa as the usual crapfest frustrating shitbowl we usually play, but if we beat the doors off the other non-con teams it could be a really terrific season.

ETA: Lots of other teams lost key pieces. Probably our biggest game will be at Utah, but that's (finally) late in the season when we're usually playing our best ball. Much different than playing OU in Sept.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Pound the over. CMC sold me on this season at the We Will Collective event. He talked about:
  • 20 returning starters.
  • And even teased us about hosting a Playoff game in Jack Trice Stadium in December!
Sounds like a coach at a charity event.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
What's his philosophy?

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
A fair O/U based on last season's results and current general expectations. Seven wins is hopefully the floor for ISU. Eight wins would be my early prediction. A great year seems possible for all the Big 12 teams in that published 7.5 range which means some team will have a breakout year and a couple may likely get only five or six wins.

Reactions: Yellow Snow

rickyrudd

Oct 10, 2010
  • 20 returning starters.
Did he not want to win the conference outright previously?

Help Support Us

Become a patron